Gasketless fitting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugenjapan

Reaction score
I've been thinking of making my own homebrew system since I make brewing systems as a job. I like the concept of the speidel braumeister but I'm not sure how they get a seal between the inner malt pot and the kettle. Can anyone tell me how it's done?

How do they stop the gasket from floating around after the inner pot is taken out? Is it glued in place or something?

It has a 'U' shaped channel that fits in to the inner malt pipe. You can see it in the picture on THIS page of their website.

You could use a piece of silicone hose to make your own gasket on the cheap or even have something made.

Thanks. I think I'll try using a din fitting without a gasket cause I don't like the idea of having a gasket glued down to the bottom of my kettle

It's not on the kettle or glued to anything, it kind of snaps on to the malt pipe not the kettle bottom.

Ohh that's pretty cool then. I might try to do something like that.. We'll see

Back