New DKC146SLDB Danby Chill n Tap : what next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangler

Reaction score
I know I need kegs, some ball lock or pin lock couplers and sanitizing and cleaning solutions. I just don't know exactly what to get (plastic or ss couplers? Best cleaning and sanitizing solutions?)

I know you slightly overpay for the chill n tap, but I like not having to drill any holes. Figured i paid about 100$ for the convenience. The CO2 tank is worth 80$ alone. BTW anyone know of a good place to refill a 5lb tank with beverage grade Co2 in London, On?

Anyway my ideal setup would be 3 taps, on lager, one red and one tap dedicated to soda water. I figure I will need a dual stage regulator, which makes mine kind of throw away. I would also like to hear about people who have tried to cram 3 corny kegs in there. The manual says max height is less than 23 3/4", which makes some cornys unsuitable. Even if I can only fit 2, I can get 2.5 gallon kegs from china. Any experiences with those small stackable brand new mini kegs? It would be sweet to have two 2.5 gallons kegs of beer, and one 5 gallon for the soda water.

I'm thinking beer kits exclusively at this point. The less hassle the better.

Just got some stainless kegs for the above. I bought the stackable 2.5 gallon new cornelius style ss kegs. For the curious, the 14.5" high ones (the ones you can stack with ball locks on) fit quite well under the shelf in its lowest position. This way you can have 2 2.5 gallon kegs (they fit on a diagonal) and still plenty of shelf space for other chilled beverages (pop, bottled beer etc). I also bough 2 of the lower stackable kegs (these are 13.5" with handles and can be stacked, but not with the ball locks). When stacked with a 14.5" 2.5 gallon, these fit in the kegerator with the bottom protector plate on. Note according to my measurements,t 2 14.5" 2.5 gallon kegs stacked will not fit! max height is about 18.5" with protector plate removed (which I would rather just leave in place.

Note according to my measurements,t 2 14.5" 2.5 gallon kegs stacked will not fit! max height is about 18.5" with protector plate removed (which I would rather just leave in place.

Hey man,

Where did you source your 2.5G kegs from?

I'm looking at the 13.5" ones from Ontariobeerkegs. In an e-mail they tell me that 2 of them stacked up come out to 29".

So you think 29" would not fit height wise into the fridge?

What about diameter? The 2.5's noted above say 9" diameter, and it looks like that would be real tight to fit two of them side by side in the bottom.

Thanks!

I showed up in person at Ontario Beer Kegs. never knew they had the short ones (13.5") before I got there. Ask for them specifically, they still had plenty last Friday. Glad I got them, everyone seems to carry the tall, stackable with ball locks on now (14.5"). OBK has both.

I showed up in person at Ontario Beer Kegs. never knew they had the short ones (13.5") before I got there. Ask for them specifically, they still had plenty last Friday. Glad I got them, everyone seems to carry the tall, stackable with ball locks on now (14.5"). OBK has both.

Ahh right - thanks for the tip.

What about diameter? I assume that a shorter keg would be very slightly fatter... Are you able to fit 2 of the 13.5's side by side?

The real goal is 4 of these inside the fridge without heavy mods, of course.

Thanks.

I did a trial fit, with the 14.5" on the bottom, and the 13.5" on top (4 kegs). No issues. Only difference is the handle height as far as I can tell.

I did a trial fit, with the 14.5" on the bottom, and the 13.5" on top (4 kegs). No issues. Only difference is the handle height as far as I can tell.

Thanks very much for checking. This is basically my dream setup...

The "upgrades" start adding up unfortunately. $400 for the fridge from Costco, $360'ish for the triple tower with dual controls and Perlicks from OBK, and then another $80 x 4-6 for the little kegs... But that's a pretty sweet setup in a pretty small amount of space.

Latest posts

Back