Camping and kegs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbsengineer

Reaction score
Bought a new 30 foot travel trailer this year. I need to figure out a way to bring the beer with me, :).

My first thought was to use my 3 gallon corny kegs and build a tap system out of a cooler. However, I have found that the 3 gallons are to tall. I suppose I could buy some 2.5 gallon kegs but from the portable coolers I found I probably could only reasonable fit 1 keg. I'm shooting for a two tap system with CO2.

Thoughts?

I could continue my search for a portable cooler that would fit two. However I already have two 3 gallon kegs that I invested in for other travels.

Here is a cooler I already have which would fit a small CO2 tank and 2.5 gallon keg:

814284729_125.jpg

How about a jockey box system with the plate chiller set in a cooler full of ice. Seems like you would use less ice that way.

How about a jockey box system with the plate chiller set in a cooler full of ice. Seems like you would use less ice that way.

I had that thought as well. It just wouldn't be as portable. I'm hoping to get an all in one setup. Not ruling it out though in the end....

I am probably going jockey box this summer now that I am kegging. Or maybe a big plastic garbage can, stuff some kegs in there and pack with with ice? Cobra taps?

Detach the lid on that cooler, cut a hole in it so it fits snug over a 5 gallon corny keg then slide it down over the keg after you have placed it in the cooler.
Bungee a 5 lb CO2 bottle to the upright cooler handle and use a hose with a cobra head on it. One dose of ice will keep that keg cold for days as long as the lid stays down.

Latest posts

Back