2013 HBT Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BoSox Dave...that wasn't meant to be taken as a bull sheet trade proposal. It was as almost identical trade based on points. You just made an argument for the recent trade you made with EYD.
Sorry if I offended you. That's what counter offers are for.

When I saw the trade I knew that this is what you were going to argue. Do some research about my earlier trade.

As of today (which is effectively when the trade matters) the players I traded to EYD have a combined 203 points. I received a combined 128 points in return with over 50 of those points coming from a player batting .152 on the season and struggling with injuries. Meaning that I pretty much traded 200 points for 70. You offered me a player who is having a hot start with 131 points for the fifth rated pitcher with 136 points. The angst that the trade caused on this thread is almost laughable.

As for countering, there was simply nothing worth countering. Ask around, I almost always work with counter offers when there is something to be had.

I paid for that trade with players who are quality FBB players on a regular basis - this year included - for a guy struggling a bit early but who is a top player when going well.

I am not offended by the trade offer, just irritated by the hyperbole that you are throwing out on this thread.

Whoa, whoa calm down fellas.

BoSoxDave you did pull off a pretty awesome trade. You picked up a 27-year old pitcher who went 20-5 last season with a 2.56 ERA. Price's career ERA is 3.25 - which is very nice in the AL. You got Price for Ryan Dempster who is 35 years old and went 12-8 last season with a 3.38 ERA. Dempster's career ERA is 4.32 - which is roughly league average.

The outfielders swapped in the trade are meaningless to me. Beltran is on a nice hot streak, but he's 36 years old. Reddick is part of a platoon in Oakland and won't see a tremendous amount of ABs.

To sum it up - Darvish got two players who can contribute now but likely won't maintain that productivity over another year or two for one of the best young pitchers in the AL. It's just fantasy - no need for everyone to get upset.

While everyone seems to think I was taken advantage of, I disagree. There shouldn't be any arguing over it in my opinion. I agreed to the trade because a need would be filled. I may actually have a strategy! Dave got what he wanted and the two of us, the only two that matter, are happy about it. So what's the problem?

Fair enough. I am done defending the trade. At this point, like with all trades, I hope it works out for me and for EYD, except when he plays me :)

The point that I am really trying to make is the following. Based on MMTG's logic, he should trade me Matt Wieters for Brian Dozier, even though Dozier has more points right now (by a massive .5 of course). Would you even bother countering that Othon? That is what you offered me, in a nutshell.

There is no problem, just provided my unpaid, unsolicited trade analysis. :p

So long as you're both happy with it that's all matters.

Fair enough. I am done defending the trade. At this point, like with all trades, I hope it works out for me and for EYD, except when he plays me :)
Oh well hell, then I'm not happy anymore! :p

There is no problem, just provided my unpaid, unsolicited trade analysis. :p

So long as you're both happy with it that's all matters.
bwhaha

So no one has heard from him at all?

I thought I had for some reason. I could be mistaken. It happens.

Last week, I picked up a FA SP who happened to be scheduled to pitch that day. Didn't realize that I was 3 minutes late after rosters locked for the day. He goes on to score over 30 pts that night. Nice! :|

Next day, crisis at work and I neglect to reset a couple of pitchers who I had moved to the bench. They both started that day and both scored 25+ pts.

Missed out on 80+ pts on two consecutive days....Lost the matchup by less than 50. Kinda par for my season so far.

Oh well, good thing I like beer. :)

Ooof. That's rough. I'm pretty sure that you have up until the start time of the player you're looking to change to get them in your lineup. However, you do need a slot for them to go into, so if all other games have already started that day, you may be out of luck.

While everyone seems to think I was taken advantage of, I disagree.

Maybe you shouldn't wear that skirt?

The point that I am really trying to make is the following. Based on MMTG's logic, he should trade me Matt Wieters for Brian Dozier, even though Dozier has more points right now (by a massive .5 of course). Would you even bother countering that Othon? That is what you offered me, in a nutshell.

Dave you're both correct. There's no need to defend the trade anymore. It obviously passed and wasn't vetoed. Paul broke down the trade at it's best...

You can offer/counter offer whoever you'd like. I was honestly expecting you to ask for Wil Myers in your counter offer, but as you stated, there's nothing I have that you want and that's fine as well.

Sorry if I ruffled anyones feathers, just trying to have fun!

Ooof. That's rough. I'm pretty sure that you have up until the start time of the player you're looking to change to get them in your lineup. However, you do need a slot for them to go into, so if all other games have already started that day, you may be out of luck.

This is correct, so long as he is on your bench before the start time of the first scheduled game of the day. If you pick up any player after the first game of the day has begun, you do not register that player on your bench until the following day.

This is correct, so long as he is on your bench before the start time of the first scheduled game of the day. If you pick up any player after the first game of the day has begun, you do not register that player on your bench until the following day.

Ahhh, thanks. And you're fired for making me look stupid in front of everyone. Seriously, drop and give me twenty.
:D

Ahhh, thanks. And you're fired for making me look stupid in front of everyone. Seriously, drop and give me twenty.
:D

Twenty down and five more for good measure.

I only know this because of a similar situation to Darwin's. :mug:

Yeh, it was about 11:30 my time when I started looking over FA's. I just figured the frist game was going to start around 1pm Eastern, so I thought I had a few minutes. Got everything done and went to adjust my lineup and the guy isn't listed. Decided to check game times and sure enough there was a 12:35 (EST) start.

Interesting. I didn see that in the settings.

If you go to your current matchup on your computer - not on your phone - you will see that you are limited to 64 games played/week by hitters and 12 starts/week for pitchers. This is slightly misleading as you only need to be under those numbers going into Sunday.

For example, you can have 63 games played going into Sunday and end up with 74 games played in total at the end of the matchup. Likewise, as long as you have 11 or fewer starts going into Sunday's games you can end up with as many as 16 starts. Relief pitching appearances do not count towards either total.

If you go to your current matchup on your computer - not on your phone - you will see that you are limited to 64 games played/week by hitters and 12 starts/week for pitchers. This is slightly misleading as you only need to be under those numbers going into Sunday.

For example, you can have 63 games played going into Sunday and end up with 74 games played in total at the end of the matchup. Likewise, as long as you have 11 or fewer starts going into Sunday's games you can end up with as many as 16 starts. Relief pitching appearances do not count towards either total.

Very good tip, thanks Dave. It's important to remember NOT to go over your start totals on saturday because sunday will not count...ask me how I found that out a few years back!

Who wants Stanton? Just crumpled after running to first. Apparent hamstring injury.

Johnny - I'd be willing to flip any one of my OFs with the exception of Hamilton for an injured Stanton. Let me know if you have any interest.

I'd like him, but my DL list and list in waiting looks like a field hospital at the battle of Somme in 1916.

Edit: Just looked over your team, Johnny. You are quite ravaged too, even more so than I am.

Stand by...email coming.

Definitely considering.

Johnny - I'd be willing to flip any one of my OFs with the exception of Hamilton for an injured Stanton. Let me know if you have any interest.

Upton?

I'd like him, but my DL list and list in waiting looks like a field hospital at the battle of Somme in 1916.

Edit: Just looked over your team, Johnny. You are quite ravaged too, even more so than I am.

Yeah, I feel battered at this point. Cueto, Reyes, Heyward, and now Stanton. And that's just the ones I've kept. I've already dropped Joel Hanrahan, Trevor Bauer and Jose Fernandez because of my injuries and needs to get more starts in a week just to get points.

So the $25 million man goes 0-8 with 3 strikeouts last night. He has 32 strikeouts in the last 25 games and is batting .202. I'd say he was worth every penny the Angels paid for him! bwahahahaha Yes, I am a very happy Ranger fan. I am one of the people that said "get rid of him" at the end of last year. And not because he said Dallas isn't a baseball town. Who cares about that. He gave up. He quit last year. He didn't give a **** anymore because he though he could get a ton of money on the open market. And he did. Good for him. Now earn your money. I would have had no problems keeping him, or even paying him, but anything longer than 3 years was a joke. Three times since 2007 has he played more than 125 games in a season. He's fragile and not worth the long-term deal. It's nice seeing our biggest rival already 7 games back, in April! :ban:

So the $25 million man goes 0-8 with 3 strikeouts last night. He has 32 strikeouts in the last 25 games and is batting .202. I'd say he was worth every penny the Angels paid for him! bwahahahaha Yes, I am a very happy Ranger fan. I am one of the people that said "get rid of him" at the end of last year. And not because he said Dallas isn't a baseball town. Who cares about that. He gave up. He quit last year. He didn't give a **** anymore because he though he could get a ton of money on the open market. And he did. Good for him. Now earn your money. I would have had no problems keeping him, or even paying him, but anything longer than 3 years was a joke. Three times since 2007 has he played more than 125 games in a season. He's fragile and not worth the long-term deal. It's nice seeing our biggest rival already 7 games back, in April! :ban:

They need to get him back on the NOS again. :D

The Angels really screwed up by not committing to Greinke and instead using that $$$ and applying it to Hamilton. The Angels are in serious trouble right now...Their farm system ranks 30th(last) and they've traded away their top 17 prospects in the past four years for 8 players, only which one(Feirri) still plays for them. Segurra(SS) one of two players traded to MIL for Greinke is tearing it up for the brew crew and is just one example of the moves they made that were short sighted. GM Jerry "Yes Sir "DiPotto is happy to see manager Mike "Scapegoat" Soscia is sadly in a loveless marriage to owner Artie " El Cheapo" Moreno...all these fickle "fans" are calling for Soscia to be fired like anything will change if he goes....It won't!

I watch every Dodger game and nearly every Angel game. Josh Hamiltons swing is so bad this season that he's bound to relapse again. I'm expecting to read the paper and see that he got popped for DUI or drunk in public down in Newport Beach one of these nights.

I'm not a particular fan of Art Moreno, but he's light years better than that scum bag in Miami, Jeffrery Loria. Moreno's roster moves haven't panned out and the Angels will be hurting for the next decade as the Pujols contract was a terrible mistake. Agreed that Hamilton looks like garbage right now, but hopefully he gets back into the flow of the season and establishes himself. He's far too talented to continue on this mediocre streak.

I'm not a particular fan of Art Moreno, but he's light years better than that scum bag in Miami, Jeffrery Loria. Moreno's roster moves haven't panned out and the Angels will be hurting for the next decade as the Pujols contract was a terrible mistake. Agreed that Hamilton looks like garbage right now, but hopefully he gets back into the flow of the season and establishes himself. He's far too talented to continue on this mediocre streak.

Jeff Loria is a bad owner...almost as bad as Frank McCourt was. Damn, I'm so glad he sold the team. I had sufferred through a 1 3/4 year boycott of the Dodgers(aslong with ALOT of true blue fans) that made Dodger Stadium look like a ghost town. Hopefully Miami gets better, but they wont.

Jeff Loria is a bad owner...almost as bad as Frank McCourt was. Damn, I'm so glad he sold the team. I had sufferred through a 1 3/4 year boycott of the Dodgers(aslong with ALOT of true blue fans) that made Dodger Stadium look like a ghost town. Hopefully Miami gets better, but they wont.

McCourt made out like a bandit too. I think I read somewhere that he is still getting revenue from the parking lots? Glad to see the Dodgers competitive again, but the influx of free agents would make me nervous. The talent is definitely there though.

McCourt made out like a bandit too. I think I read somewhere that he is still getting revenue from the parking lots? Glad to see the Dodgers competitive again, but the influx of free agents would make me nervous. The talent is definitely there though.

Made like a bandit indeed! He payed $460 million in fed/state taxes and then cleared $1.28 BILLION on the sale. Oh well, you have to pay the devil his due....his ex wife is now suing him in hopes of nulifying a $133 million(tax free) divorce settlement she agreed to before the sale. I can only hope that the McCourts spend the next decade in courts draining their bank accounts.

MCourt is a carpet bagger at best and still gets 48% of the parking lot revenue, but here's the catch. The new ownership slashed parking from $15 down to $10 and has hired so much security in the form of LAPD officers getting paid overtime and now LAFD is servicing the EMS portion of all the events which has to be so very expensive that Frank McCourt can't see nearly as much revenue as he'd expected.

The real payout will be when the Guggenheim Co. redevelops the 333 acres that comproimise Dodgertown and build an railway stop, shops, theatres, resturants and bars(a la "LA Live" near Staples Center and Nokia Theatre) in hopes of building an NFL stadium next to Dodger Stadium.

Great game at Chavez Ravine last night as the Dodgers got a lil' payback on the Rockies by beating up SP De La Rosa. Hanley Ramirez "Eyes see you" bobblehed giveaway and Han Ram goes yard! Hopefully he's the spark the Dodgers needed to break past .500 baseball.

You've got to be kidding me. Harper is now DTD with a lat strain.

I am a cancer to fantasy baseball players. Especially young outfielders. Stanton, Heyward, and now Harper.

Johnny,

I think you and I need to start a support group for HBT FBB injury issues. Step off that ledge!

For the record, I now have 4 guys on the DL and have had at least 6 (I can't remember more) so far this season, which does not include Victorino who hasn't played in over a week and is likely to hit the DL later today.

On a completely unrelated note, I am about to brew for the first time in 11 months later today! Very excited. Between work, school, and getting married I just have not had any time! Hoegaarden clone, here I come!

Dave

Hey bosox Dave, I didn't want to accept that trade, because I'd rather get a pitcher in return. The app on the phone doesn't allow you to counter offer or negotiate (that I could see anyway). Any thoughts?

Some close games going to the wire this week. BSD and me had 0.2 points between us last I checked! Come on MM! I need another W.

Hey bosox Dave, I didn't want to accept that trade, because I'd rather get a pitcher in return. The app on the phone doesn't allow you to counter offer or negotiate (that I could see anyway). Any thoughts?

I sent you a PM in reply.

Some close games going to the wire this week. BSD and me had 0.2 points between us last I checked! Come on MM! I need another W.

Very close match up, it looks like I survived you!

Dave

So I have an influx of quality infielders thanks to players coming off the DL, etc.

3B:
Freese is hitting, finally.
Aramis Ramirez is off the DL and went 2 for 3 without a rehab assignment.
1B:
Ryan Howard may run like a geriatric but he can hit!
SS:
JJ Hardy is crushing balls!

Anyone need help at these positions? I could use some help at 2B or OF. Shoot me an offer.

Back