Twenty gallons and not a drop to drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottG58

Reaction score
I have five gallons of Russian Imperial Stout, five gallons of Oatmeal Stout, five gallons of Belgian Golden Strong and five gallons of Schwartzbier in fermenters in various stages of maturity. Wife and I finished last two homebrews last night. Twenty gallons and soonest its ready is three weeks.

Anybody else do this to themselves?

15 gallons in various stages here and just popped the last bottle of our own

Pipelines are deceptive

I'm about there, have 8 beers left in bottles, 5 gallons in the fermenter, 3 gallons of apfelwein conditioning, and 5 gallons of fizzy yellow in tap a draft bottles that are earmarked for a party next month. Those 8 are not going to last until I bottle my fermenting batch. Going to have to get a case of something to bridge the gap.

It happens quite often. In the Spring and Late Fall it's hard to get time to brew because of other responsibilities. I'm down to a half keg that we are currently finishing off. I have a Saison that will get kegged in about three weeks. In Secondary I have a Foreign Extra Stout going with Brett C (ready in August or September). I also have a Wee Heavy (ready in October) and an IIPA (Ready when I just can't wait anymore, but I'd like to hold it until October) aging in kegs and an Old Ale aging in bottles that will be ready sometime after October. It looks like October will be a great month, but we aren't anywhere close to October.

Great choices for beer!!
Before i shutdown my keezer for the move I had an RIS, Scharzbier, and Strong Scotch Ale on tap.
Love the schwarzbier!

I'm almost in that same boat. About half a dozen bottles left and only brewing this afternoon. I am brewing three 6 gallon batches this week though, with a possibility of a few small test batches.

The soonest my pipeline will be alive again is around 4 weeks.

1st rule: is never leave a fermenter empty
2nd rule: is to brew short fermenting opposite heavy beers
3rd rule: is brew more then you drink :D

Johan love the view on "Political correctness"

Almost happened to me after a party I had towards the end of March. We only kicked 1 of 5 kegs that I had at the party, but 3 more kicked with my first or second pint after the party. The only thing I had fermenting was an imperial stout.

I'm trying to build a pipeline, so I have 9 different beers either bottle aging or in fermenters. I usually only allow myself 1 of my matured home brews a night. It does feel like a weird sort of self-torment.

1st rule: is never leave a fermenter empty
2nd rule: is to brew short fermenting opposite heavy beers
3rd rule: is brew more then you drink.

i do follow these rules but now i have too much, i got 45gal of 5 different beers, and 6 empty carboys, 1 empty corny keg. and one of my 6 taps is dry.. :(

i guess there are worse problems to have..

butterscotch pale ale 10g
hopecone ipa 10g
copper amber red ale 10g
M75 IIPA v1 5g
M75 IIPA v2 10g

soon to brew a honey basil ale, then a Kolsch....

CR-

i do follow these rules but now i have too much, i got 45gal of 5 different beers, and 6 empty carboys, 1 empty corny keg. and one of my 6 taps is dry.. :(

i guess there are worse problems to have..

butterscotch pale ale 10g
hopecone ipa 10g
copper amber red ale 10g
M75 IIPA v1 5g
M75 IIPA v2 10g

soon to brew a honey basil ale, then a Kolsch....

CR-

FAIL!

6 empty fermenters
1 empty keg
1 empty tap

I brew most beers in 5 gallon batches so I can change up the variety.;)

Back