Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill, I've also got a handful of people from our club who are having a hard time getting their accounts set up.

Bill, I've also got a handful of people from our club who are having a hard time getting their accounts set up.

I just added one from your club.

I am looking into people's hbt profiles and/or email addresses. I'm trying to filter out those who are not from the area. It's a slow process but it needs to be done. have them PM or email me directly.

I will try logging in later today. My account must not have been activated yet.
Thanks for taking the time to make this possible.

Where'd you pick up the 12" sheave ( Grainger/McM), I trash picked a treadmill I plan to covert to a motorized mill. The motor and the speed control work surprisingly..

I almost bought one dirt cheap once. I was not sure if the voltage would be enough, also unsure of the torque and speeds. I settled on a harbor frieght drill and hooked it up like the DIY section here. Works good but, I think I will go towards another option once I am done with upgrading other stuff in my brew stand.

Let me know how it goes.

This is what I get when I try to log in just in case this helps out.

Not Found
The requested URL /grain/confirm.php was not found on this server. chicagohomebrewers.org

This is what I get when I try to log in just in case this helps out.

Not Found
The requested URL /grain/confirm.php was not found on this server. chicagohomebrewers.org

i just added you. try again

For those new to this and just signing up, the username field is case sensitive. Try capitalizing the first letter of your username if you are having trouble, since that may be the way it was input when registering.

everybody who has entered orders in the database please check your orders to make sure yours truly didn't mess anything up.

This morning as I was waiting for my house to get washed away,,louie0202 opened a split of Dark 2 Belgian Candi Syrup (the 6 1lb bags for $24), I picked-up the other half and it's not in the data base. I know it's only been a few hrs.

Hope everyone faired OK in this crazy storm system.

I have some seepage in my basement (where all my beer/equipment is :mad:) but nothing major so far, mop and bucket was enough to take care of it

Same here, but was forced to move the cars after the driveway and backyard looked like this

image-1699755181.jpg

I'm more pissed that all the mulch I just bought and laid is floating away.

Ok so I am very new to this group buy so please be patient with me. When I open up the dashboard why do I only see a list of 9 available splits? What do I need to do to see the full list of available items?
Thanks

Ok so I am very new to this group buy so please be patient with me. When I open up the dashboard why do I only see a list of 9 available splits? What do I need to do to see the full list of available items?
Thanks

search for an item first

Thanks

What Bill said. I might add, you should really look at the catalog, some stuff is sold out for the year.

I did not find a catalog

at the top of the dashboard are boxes with links. those links are all the same and direct you to a spreadsheet. within the spreadsheet are 4 tabs. the last tab called general information has just that. look for the catalog link there

Alright, first time being able to participate, and I think I got it right. It seemed intuitive. Whoever set that up did a good job. :)
I see the dashboard lists my order items. Is that it for now?

I know we have to wait to make payment, I assume Paypal is the only acceptable method? If so, I may need guidance how to make pmt properly, I saw the note about not gifting....

I see in the user order list, there are lines for 9 of 11 Northern Brewer hops HU-90NBR, but I don't see it in the list of available splits.

If there's still 2 available I'm interested in 1.

I wish I knew. I was planning for an August opening. Now...October maybe? I would love to show off the place early to people, though.

If you find yourself in a showing mood in June/July/Aug., let me/us know. It would be cool to see your location. It would be even more interesting if a coordinated effort was mad amongst the crew here to check it out.

I am going to try this newfangled hop stand (hop steep at 170 degrees for 30 minutes) thing with zythos hops, but I don't know when.

This sounds a bit like the "whirlpool" theory that "Brew Your Own" magazine discussed in an article recently. Are you familiar? Is it similar?

I know that YLPaul caught some water. I haven't heard about the severity yet though. I'm wishing him the best. Four years ago, I had five feet in my finished basement. That was the worst!! I'm pretty sure that he isn't in that shape.

everybody who has entered orders in the database please check your orders to make sure yours truly didn't mess anything up.

Bill, I don't see my name or order in the spreadsheet? I entered my final order into the database a few days ago.

ThirstT said:
If you find yourself in a showing mood in June/July/Aug., let me/us know. It would be cool to see your location. It would be even more interesting if a coordinated effort was mad amongst the crew here to check it out.

Absolutely. Right now it looks like a 60'x40' open space with 16' ceilings, but the moment it is more than that I will let HBTers in to check it out. When my kids are asleep tonight I'll see about uploading the 3D construction model I designed of the place.

Absolutely. Right now it looks like a 60'x40' open space with 16' ceilings, but the moment it is more than that I will let HBTers in to check it out. When my kids are asleep tonight I'll see about uploading the 3D construction model I designed of the place.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Neopol said:

I work for a north shore village. It was ugly today. A bunch of rich people yelling at me for things beyond our control. Got some OT at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back