beerlabelizer paper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krjohnson333

Reaction score
I am using beerlabelizer and I don't want to use adhesive paper cuz I hate scrubbing labels off bottles. I wanted to use regular printer paper, but I have heard that the ink will smudge due to moisture. Any suggestions on paper I can use to just use a glue stick to stick them on for easy removal?

FYI there's a whole "label" subforum. As far as I know, any ink will bleed. I'd recommend a laser printer over inkjet, you can probably fire off a few pages at work without anyone noticing...

I've used milk to apply labels, works great.

Yeah, regular old cheapo paper, a laser printer (if you don't have one, print it at Kinko's, etc) and milk, glue stick or gelatin. If you have an inkjet printer, it is actually cheaper to get your prints at Kinko's anyway, and they have laser printers, which will not smudge or smear.

I have an inkjet and do labels like this. I "float" the label onto the milk, lift with tweezers, and use a clean dry towel to blot them down. The towel gets "stuff" on it but th elabels do not smudge if you are dilligent.

When I think of it I print them @ work on the color laser - much better.

If you get that nice "color ink jet" paper, 25# stock and slightly glossy, that makes a real nice label.

I'm using regular printer paper and a laser printer, cut the labels and use a glue stick to attach. I like how easy they come off in a water bath. I don't intend ever putting them in an ice bath so I'm happy.

So just high gloss paper makes a better print. I'm using an inkjet, I don't have a kinko's in town so that's out of the equation. I don't ice them down, they're just fridge beers. I was also browsing around and someone suggested to coat regular paper with Krylon acrylic clear spray, he says it makes the labels virtually waterproof. I guess just trial and error...

So just high gloss paper makes a better print. I'm using an inkjet, I don't have a kinko's in town so that's out of the equation. I don't ice them down, they're just fridge beers. I was also browsing around and someone suggested to coat regular paper with Krylon acrylic clear spray, he says it makes the labels virtually waterproof. I guess just trial and error...
With ink jet yes, glossy paper seems to make a large difference.

Artists use some sort of fixing spray for charcoals. My dad always used whatever cheap hairspray was around and it seemed to work - that may work here as well. Don't over-study for the test though, if you don't dip both sides in the milk you won't have an issue.

Back