Welding Brutus Ten

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickeldeposit

Reaction score
So I’m going to be embarking on a Brutus Ten build soon and want to do the stainless welding myself. I’ve been looking at a Hobart Handler 140 MIG welder. It says it can weld with flux core wire or with gas, can you weld stainless with just flux core wire? Having no experience welding will this welder do the job? I planning on getting in my practice time on the scrap pieces prior to beginning on the stand. Any other advice would be appreciated.

From my limit knowledge there is a flux core for stainless but it is very expensive. In my opinion you would be better off finding a used Miller or Lincoln machine and getting the tri gas. It really depends on how much you will use it after this project and with that justify the cost. I always say buy the best you can afford so you dont regret it down the road by buying 2 or 3 times. Maybe see how much it would cost to have someone do it for you too.

Back