Yelp yelp yelp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep that is close the the yelping I have heard on public lands before<gg>. Located five flocks yesterday with a couple swingers in each group. Goooooobbbbbllleee gobbbbbllee gobble.

turkey season always messes with my hiking trips to greenleaf state park. i seem to pick the same weekend every year to go out there and the gate is always locked. DOH! turkeys

Headed out to western Illinois to hunt the 3rd season April 26 to 29 :) it's been a cool spring but hopefully they'll be gobbling while I'm out there.

Thanks! Same to you!

I've got a few spots picked out where we saw turkies last fall while we were bowhunting. One spot I want to try in particular of it rains.

They are out today strutting in the sun after yesterdays rain. Open here Sat.Woooooooo wa wa wa woooooooooohahhh gobbbblllee obbble obbbble

Damn we opened two weeks ago and I doubt I'll get out this year. They'll prolly be scared ****less by the time I go.

Deb put the smack on this one. 20 lbs 9 inch beard and 3/4 spurs. Mike
DebsTB_zpsd802ec2e.jpg

Deb put the smack on this one. 20 lbs 9 inch beard and 3/4 spurs.

Nice gobbler!

I plan on heading out on the 15th. Archery season opened April 1, and firearms season opens on the 10th, but I won't be able to go for another week afterwards. Can't wait to get out and enjoy some turkey hunting!

Thanks. I think I am starting to age a bit. This morning was my 28th spring season for Oklahoma. There were no everyday hunting shows on the Outdoor Channel then. In my town I only knew two older gentlemen who had ever killed a legal wild turkey. Both used box calls only and barely wore the new off them. They only called like ten times the whole season but always killed turkeys. Man times have changed. I still use my box calls a lot but I sure like the mouth yelpers for closing the deal Mike

My go to caller is a slate, but I've been using my Birmingham 3-hole Lynch a bit this year.

Resampled_2013-03-29_07-13-24_208_zps1869eff9.jpg

Made my honey's day. 9 1/2 inch beard 18 lbs and one inch spurs. Just got permission to hunt this area last night. 50 mile from the house so I did some google earth scouting. 25 mph winds this morning so the twin hen box and loud wing bone calling cut thru and got his attention. Mike

Made my honey's day. 9 1/2 inch beard 18 lbs and one inch spurs. Just got permission to hunt this area last night. 50 mile from the house so I did some google earth scouting. 25 mph winds this morning so the twin hen box and loud wing bone calling cut thru and got his attention. Mike

I like the Decoy! NC opened up yesterday. Unfortunately I wont get my chance till this next week.

The decoy is a clorox style plastic jug with burlap glued to it. Stuck a few feathers here and there and a fake turkey head. Looks like a wimpy Tom that would be fun to pick on. I don't want him to look real big and mean. Almost forgot I filled the jug with great stuff and put a piece of dog wood in for a stake. Mike

Back