Quality Wins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AHEM.

UofL

Beat the tar out of 3rd ranked Florida in the january bowl game......

Won the ncaa men's national title last night. BEST YEAR EVER.

I may be a little premature, as the women may win theirs too!

AHEM.

UofL

I call premature. Should have waited for the hat-trick!

Not premature.

Another win though, next year I will watch the women a lot closer!(by closer, I mean sooner)

You should check out that documentary "off the rez." It follows Shoni Schimmel in her last couple years of high school and what she had to go through to get noticed. I think she came out as the #1 overall player in the end. It will certainly make you want to follow the women's team.

AHEM.

UofL

Congratz on the championship title, glad they pulled it out and brought another one home to Kentucky. :mug:

Awfully sporting of you old boy!;)

It will be interesting next year! Both U of K and U of L should make a run.

Should be a good year for sure.. Best recruiting class in NCAA history for the cats so it will be interesting to see how they progress throughout the season.

:mug:

We need a "Bluegrass conference" with only state teams!

We would beat each other senseless all season and then tear into the tournament like a pack of rabid wolverines!

I realize this thread is all off topic now but how did I miss another PIZZA thread????!!!! i LIVE for this sh*t!!!

Lol, welcome!!!

The topics originally were U of L basketball on an EPIC pizza night. So you brought it back home.

With U of L storming the stage, they stole the spotlight.

Here's a few recent pellet grill pizza endeavors, need to get off my dead butt and make up a sourdough starter to do it right...

photo_zpsa575276a.jpg

photo-2_zpscdcfbd42.jpg

photo-2_zps53cafe32.jpg

photo-2_zps23466678.jpg

photo-2_zpsffaa3fcc.jpg

Full Pint Brewery out here actually makes pizza crust partially using spent grains. It's quite delicious. He spent quite a bit of time with the elder women in his family coming up with good recipe.

Full Pint Brewery out here actually makes pizza crust partially using spent grains. It's quite delicious. He spent quite a bit of time with the elder women in his family coming up with good recipe.

Spent grain but not spent yeast??

I made aHUGE glob of dough last night.

I always just eyeball it.

I used a bigger pot (I always mix the doughin a big pot over warm heat)

Guess I filled it to the usual depth with water, but in the much broader pot it was a LOT more water.

Made a frigging dough basketball! Awesome.

o_O Evets!?!? What's the trick to getting the pepperoni to curl up like that? I love it like that (and burnt on the rim).

cheezydemon3: He never mentioned the yeast but it didn't taste like beer yeast.

o_O Evets!?!? What's the trick to getting the pepperoni to curl up like that? I love it like that (and burnt on the rim).

cheezydemon3: He never mentioned the yeast but it didn't taste like beer yeast.

It's the pepperoni itself. It has to do with the casing material contracting at a different rate than the meat. It always curls towards the greater heat source. In the case of a wood-fired oven, it's hotter at the top than the bottom.
Just google "Vermont Smoked Pepperoni" It's the best, IMO

And just what the f*ck is that in your avatar?????? Mr "I have a portable wood fired pizza oven that I just bring out and parade through a thread when some poor fool thinks he can make pizza".

And just what the f*ck is that in your avatar?????? Mr "I have a portable wood fired pizza oven that I just bring out and parade through a thread when some poor fool thinks he can make pizza".

Uh, yeah well, that's the one I built in my back yard. I know, I'm sorry. I can't help it. I take my hobbies seriously I guess. I wasn't trying to put anyone down or anything.

Uh, yeah well, that's the one I built in my back yard. I know, I'm sorry. I can't help it. I take my hobbies seriously I guess. I wasn't trying to put anyone down or anything.

You know that I was merely admitting that you are the alpha male, right?lol. No one put down, just in their place maybe.;)

Headbanger is onto something with his pellet grill, but what you have in the avatar is enough to make me cry. Your portable version is off the freaking map bad assery.

Headbanger is onto something with his pellet grill, but what you have in the avatar is enough to make me cry. Your portable version is off the freaking map bad assery.

There's really no difference between a wood fired oven and my pellet grill as far as the pizza is concerned, not that I wouldn't love to have one in my back yard.

Latest posts

Back