Beer store SCORE!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixxer

Reaction score
So, I am at the beer store, and the super helpful cool beer guy is stocking some bombers right next to me. I happen to be perusing the Schmaltz brewing beers. Was looking for the Jewbilation, its supposed to be like 14% or something or another. Anyhow he asks me if I need help, I reply with "You know, you come in here with a plan on what to buy, then there's hundreds of others you would love to try, makes it difficult. I tried to get here last week for the KBS but I couldnt get here in time." He looks me straight in the eye and says "You want a bottle?" --Jaw slightly ajar with amazement-- I sure would love a bottle!! "Yea, I had kept a few bottles in the back for some friends but they never came to pick em up." So... With KBS in hand, I go to the cellar room. Sour on the brain today. I couldnt justify the cost for a small bottle of Hanssens Scarenbecca Kriek made with those belgian cherries. Went with Rodenbach instead... Well... I might spring for the Kriek here shortly. Got a tulip glass too just cause they were only 2 bucks. And *NOT* made in China, actually from Portugal.

KBS Rodenbach.jpg

great score dude. I've always said be nice to the workers at ur local beer store. I've been hooked up like that in the past just cuz i make it a point to be conversational when they ask if i need help.

It's nice when you get good service. It also helps to make friends with the people who.manage the beer selection. I was talking to the guy at my favorite beer store asking about what he recommends. After a bit of conversation he said, "I have some DFH 120 IPA hidden in the back of the cooler."

I had no idea such deals were possible by just asking. We get in the mindset that what's on the shelf is all, and do not think to interact and ask questions

Back