Swivel nut for Gas line to Ball lock connector

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcman73

Reaction score
Hi all, So after ordering all the parts I needed to keg my first brew I realized I forgot one thing, to order the swivel nut that connects the gas line from the regulator to the gas ball connector to the keg. Is this something I can grab at a Lowes or Home Depot or is it specific to a "beverage" part?

Thanks!

There are some flare fittings at hardware stores but they're mostly brass... though brass would be fine if it's just for the gas. I checked through the HD website but couldn't find any swivel nuts. I think you can get a one piece flare nut to barb adapter at McMaster...

I'd say what you want to actually use (stainless steel 1/4" barbed flares and swivel nuts) is pretty specific to home brew dispensing. Any of the on-line vendors will have them, as will any good LHBS...

Cheers!

It's for the gas side, the ball lock connectors for the gas are threaded, the liquid connectors have a barb.

Right, and this is what you need
swivelNUTS.jpg

Cheers!

Back