Howdy fromthe great Northwest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlodermeier

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am new to the forum and new to brewing (I guess that was expected since I am posting a thread here). I just got done fermenting my first wort and it is bubbling like crazy! The wort was surprisingly really dark and it brought a smile to my face.

I decided to home brew for a couple reasons. First, I am a IPA drinker. There is nothing better to me than a bitter IPA (90-100 IBU range) with some kick to it. While I enjoy some of the Double IPA's out there, each one possess something I like; but, at the same time, do not like. The way my mind work is I thought, it is up to me to take all those positives and make my person super brew. Give it the perfect IBU, perfect ABV, perfect bitterness, and perfect citrus notes.

Another reason I started Home Brewing is I like to keep things local. I am a Washington kid born and raised and I want to drink IPA that come from Washington. While there are many great IPA's from many different States, it is important to me to support my community and state.

Probably the final main reason is I know there will come satisfaction when I create something I enjoy. Hard work pays off and being able to sip something unique will be a wonderful treat.

I look forward to learning, developing, and making great IPA's. Thanks for having this forum! Drink on brothers and sisters!

And so the never ending journey to brew the perfect brew for oneself begins...

Welcome aboard. You won't struggle too hard to meet your goal of buying local as an IPA lover as we grow some of the best hops in the world...especially the classic American IPA type hops.

You are getting into this hobby / addiction for all the right reasons. Use this great forum, for recipies, read the stickies for tips, and ask questions for all the experts in this group. Welcome, enjoy, best luck!

Addicting is right. I am boil my 2nd batch in 3 days. This one is an Imperial IPA. Using Chinook, Centennial, and Cascade hops. I am excited for this one

Latest posts

Back