Bottling Bucket Transferring Very Slowly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

playstat666

Reaction score
Hey everyone.. I had an issue with bottling my last batch and was hoping somebody might know how to fix it. I was bottling my beer (standard bottling bucket with a spigot) and it was going fine for awhile but once I got down around 2 gallons left, it started going very very slowly. It was taking probably 3-4 minutes per beer which was just absurd. At this point, the beer level was still well above the hole the spigot was coming out of, so I have no idea what the issue was. Has anybody experienced this before or have any suggestions?

probably got a bit of hop gunk or trub caught in your bottling wand. most of them disassemble for cleaning - pull it apart and see if you can flush anything out of it. another possibility is that something got caught in the spigot. the spigots actually disassemble for cleaning as well, might be worth breaking it down and giving it a deep clean.

You were exactly right. When I went to clean up I found some hop gunk built up in the bottom of the wand. Didn't even think to check that at the time but now it seems so obvious. Thanks for your reply!

Back