Maple Nut Brown Tips

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wavesweeper

Reaction score
I am wanting to brew a batch of Maple Nut Brown Ale. I would like to hear a little feedback on ingredients and technique to turn out a good batch . Most of all, what is the best Maple to use ??

I've never brewed a maple beer but I find the key to great brown ales is proper mash pH. You get that great malty roastyness and chocolatety flavor without the metallic or astringent flavors that the darker roasted malts can impart. I really love using both chocolate and pale chocolate malts for additional complexity.

I did a maple porter and I used a Grade A dark amber Vermont maple syrup. I put in to the boil,but others have told they put it in their secondary .

batlle34 said:
I did a maple porter and I used a Grade A dark amber Vermont maple syrup. I put in to the boil,but others have told they put it in their secondary .

Hmm, thats sounds good, adding to the 2nd ! How much, and how was it added ????

batlle34 said:

Hmm, that sounds good !!! How much was added, and how was it added ???

I did 1lbs of syrup to a 5gallon boil. I poured it right into my start boil. The porter taste great I also added a day before bottling 4oz of oak soaked Makers Mark chips.

Back