When Your Brew Buddy (Yellow Lab)...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GASoline71

Reaction score
...finds the lids to your bucket fermenters!

I cleaned my fermenters today and had them sitting on the rack in the garage I store them on to dry. I had to run a few errands and it was a decent day, so I left the garage door open.

I came home and sat down to enjoy a homebrew... and our Yellow Lab "Maggie" comes be-boppin' around the corner of the garage...

"Look what I got!" I just had to laugh... :D

Gary

0502131505d.jpg

0502131505h.jpg

Oh man I hate to laugh, but I just shot soda out my nose!!! Condolences to your bucket lid....

My dog isn't a chewer but he LOVES wort and will lick it if he can find it!

Here's my brewing buddy, hanging out at the cottage:
DSCF5863.jpg

We should introduce Maggie and Toby and see what happens.........................

She did such a good job, completely chewed all the way around. My 4month old black lab just chewed a new pack of masking tape, total loss. It was my fault for leaving it where she could get it. I think this dog is part goat.

My 12 yr old lab has FINALLY lost interest in chewing like that. It drove me crazy back in the day, but now I find myself missing it....

My 12 yr old lab has FINALLY lost interest in chewing like that. It drove me crazy back in the day, but now I find myself missing it....

My lab has never chewed. Weird, I know. He just doesn't, and never did.

He also hates water and he won't chase a ball.

I think he's a poodle, dressed up as a yellow lab.

My mini poodle plays fetch, tug-o-war, and loves water. Maybe our dogs found the brain switching thingama-whatzit

I was just putting together a recipe on hopville.com and I saw Yellow Dog as a fermentable ingredient... is this why? :)

Good dog, Maggie! That's what you are *supposed* to do with those stupid plastic things.

Brew buddies are great. I had to pull the puppy out of a bucket half full of grain. She-Who-is-a-Bottomless-Pit climbed most of the way in, then figured that's good enough and stood folded in half over the edge, scarfing up whatever she could reach.

Your lab is broken Yooper.

I have an 11 yr old Yellow and a 10 yr old Chocolate and they still act like puppies. Chew, dig, fetch, attention hounds.

She reminds me of my bested buddy,max. A short haired black lab that died of old age & complications last year. They're great,lovable dogs.

Here's my 4 legged brewing partner

ForumRunner_20130503_081245.png

The left side of her face has significantly shorter whiskers than the right. Someone got too close to my boil burner on brew day.

Sometimes I "spill" a little beer on the ground for her. She also thoroughly enjoys licking my empty pint glasses. I think my dog has a problem...

She did such a good job, completely chewed all the way around. My 4month old black lab just chewed a new pack of masking tape, total loss. It was my fault for leaving it where she could get it. I think this dog is part goat.

I like the cat watching warily/waiting for the chance to attack from the safe haven under the chair.

Sorry to laugh about the bucket lid, but that is hilarious. Reminds me of my F-I-L's old yellow lab who loved to chase frisbees. you'd only get about three throws in through, before he'd stop and shread the thing. Man those dogs love to chew. Man I miss that dog.

Latest posts

Back