Zorks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bssrf4

Reaction score
I purchased Zorks a few weeks ago and have used them on various apfelweins and a mead. Everything bottled is only a few weeks old so I can't report on Zorks long term ability, but so far I am happy with them. See pics below. Sorry about the pics but you get the idea. Enjoy the kids artwork in the last pic.

20130421_213431_zpsf3fc606d.jpg

20130421_213457_zps1e9e1a7b.jpg

20130421_213510_zps454d9e6d.jpg

20130421_213545_zps8e5f4fbd.jpg

I don't think I ever had Zork, but those commands remind me of the years of my life I devoted to Bard's Tale, Bard's Tale II, and Bard's Tale III.

I bottled mead in some zorks and crown caps. After 2-3 years, I think the crown cap bottles have held up better. I had no complaints with the zorks for < 2 years.

I bottled mead in some zorks and crown caps. After 2-3 years, I think the crown cap bottles have held up better. I had no complaints with the zorks for < 2 years.

That is interesting. I think the manufacturer says 4 years. But its good to know the crown caps might do better.

That is interesting. I think the manufacturer says 4 years. But its good to know the crown caps might do better.

I'm pretty sure there were some oxidation issues before it got into the bottles, but that doesn't explain why the crown caps were consistantly better off. I wouldn't say not to use them. I just won't use them for anything I'm going to keep around for several years. Blue zorks just look too good on cobalt bottles.

Back