All Grain brewing unit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josvwyk

Reaction score
Hi! I want to build my own 100 liter All Grain Brewing Unit. Does anyone have advice or links to detailed plans and sketches for the build of a all grain brewing unit?

Are you trying to make something electric? BIAB? Three vessel AG?

There are about a million ways to arrange equipment to make 100L of beer. You're going to need to be a bit more detailed about what you have in mind!

Apologies for the confusion. I am thinking three vessel all grain old world style, mash tun, boiler and fermenter. Normal commercial brewery stuff. 100 L is not that important, thats just to say that Im planning on building a unit that will brew more than the average 5 gallon brewer and less than a big brewery. Thanks.

If you don't care about 100L, just look into 15 gallon sanke brew systems.

Apologies for the confusion. I am thinking three vessel all grain old world style, mash tun, boiler and fermenter. Normal commercial brewery stuff. 100 L is not that important, thats just to say that Im planning on building a unit that will brew more than the average 5 gallon brewer and less than a big brewery. Thanks.

Do you have a budget in mind?

With larger vessels, you are going to need to do either a three-tier gravity system to move the water and wort around or a single tier system with a couple pumps and all of the associated fittings.

Also, how do you want to heat up you liquids? Propane burners, RIMS, HERMS?

Again, there are dozens of ways to configure a three-vessel system. Post your budget or what level of automation you have in mind, and we can give more help. Also, are you a handy DYIer, or do you envision a system that comes pre-built with instructions and the whole shibang? DYI is always less expensive, but always more work, obviously! Something like a Sabco Brew Magic is plug and play, but can easily cost $8000-10000 with all of the available options.

You may also want to go ahead and start researching RIMS and HERMS systems in the Electric Brewing and DYI brewing forums here on HBT. There are also several threads in the Home Brewing Photo Forum that are dedicated to people's three tier and single tier configurations.

Find what you like, and I promise you there is already a thread on board detailing the necessary parts to build it or how to order it!

Back