Got my new stir plate...(Newbies check it out)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BansheeRider

Reaction score
Received my new stir plate from stir starters.com. Check out the unboxing and demonstration video I did. I mainly did it for the people who are deciding whether to make the plunge or not. The stir plate was $45 but I had a $10 credit with PayPal so I picked it up for $35 :ban:

[ame]http://youtu.be/3274UO0UF0M[/ame]

Received my new stir plate from stir starters.com. Check out the unboxing and demonstration video I did. I mainly did it for the people who are deciding whether to make the plunge or not. The stir plate was $45 but I had a $10 credit with PayPal so I picked it up for $35 :ban:

http://youtu.be/3274UO0UF0M

Nice! Dan is a rad dude who really does take pride in his product, and honor his warranty. In regards to your vortex question in the vid, all you really need is a dimple- I keep both of my stirstarter stir plates turned only about 1/2 on for 2L wort of starter wort.

Cheers!

Nice! Dan is a rad dude who really does take pride in his product, and honor his warranty. In regards to your vortex question in the vid, all you really need is a dimple- I keep both of my stirstarter stir plates turned only about 1/2 on for 2L wort of starter wort.

Cheers!

Awesome thanks for clearing that up for me. Do you use a starter for every batch?

I make starter every time for liquid yeast using the starter calculator from Beersmith 2.0 or MrMalty.com. I too am usually turned up about 1/2 the way on the stir starter plate, I find that if I go too high it may throw the stir bar in the middle of the night and that kind of defeats the purpose. It doesn't need to be a crazy whirlpool, just enough surface movement to promote better gas exchange and keep everything moving.

i just got my stirstarter on monday
will be using it next week
thanks for the video

BansheeRider said:
Awesome thanks for clearing that up for me. Do you use a starter for every batch?

Every single batch, indeed... unless I'm using dry yeast, which is very rare.

Back