Where to buy GF ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarpeDiem601

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm assembling a GF recipe for my wife, but i'm having trouble finding one central location that sells all of the GF ingredients I need. Almost everyone sells Sorghum, but specifically i'm having trouble finding Brown Rice Extract. Also, I was curious if you know if anyone sells toasted buckwheat or if you must do it yourself.

Thanks,
Nick

If you're just looking for toasted buckwheat, it's called Kasha and most natural food stores sell it. A lot of people use plain-old brown rice syrup from the natural food store and it sounds like it works just as well as the Briess stuff. Maltodextrin, should be available at any good LHBS. For most basic GF recipes sorghum, rice extract and maltodextrin are the only real substitutions necessary as compared to barley beer.

Good luck!

Thanks Muench!

I appreciate your feedback!

The issue with buying from grocery stores is that it tends to be very expensive! Perhaps I'll try a small batch my first time around to see how we like it and make tweaks to the recipe.

Nick

Girlfriend recipe? And this is for your WIFE?

Dude... I definitely want to be YOU for a weekend.

Back