What's on top of my RIS??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandepoto

Reaction score
Longtime lurker, been brewing for about 5 months. Got a starter kit for Xmas from my girl and also a Brewer's Best Russian Imperial Stout ingredient kit. I brewed it in January, fermented at about 68 ( wasn't well read on fermentation and temperature control at this point), and it blew through the airlock the next morning. I grabbed it and put it in the tub of her apartment and pulled the airlock off, resulting in what we called wall diarrhea.

Didn't know about or have the capability of a blow off at the time, so it flowed out like a volcano into the tub for 6 -8 hours (lights off, blinds down behind a dark curtain.

It stayed in primary for 5 weeks and I had to move it to a new house due to a move. It's been sitting pretty in the closet at 59-64 ever since. Last week I noticed some floaters on the surface and I wanted to see if anyone has experienced anything similar.

Any info is greatly appreciated! Brewing my 6th batch this evening!

image-4184222596.jpg

image-3635032551.jpg

image-979540467.jpg

I've never had an infection but I've seen them. I think what your looking at is just some left over bubbles. The infections I've seen had a lot bigger bubbles than that

Thanks for your reply! I was getting a bit worried, especially with it sitting since January!

Much obliged!

Back