4 week recipe? Ipa?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chigundo

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck with a recipe (perhaps IpA) that's ready to drink in 4 weeks? Im all-grain and kegging.

Anyone have any luck with a recipe (perhaps IpA) that's ready to drink in 4 weeks? Im all-grain and kegging.

Yes, I routinely make IPAs and am drinking them in four weeks (or less). Make sure you pitch enough yeast (using a yeast pitching calculator), and keep the fermentation temperature on the low end of the optimum temperature, and you should be fine!

My DFH 60 minute clone (under my recipe "pull down" on the left) is good for that.

Almost any moderate gravity beer should be ready by 4 weeks. An IPA would usually be at its best around then. 10-14 days ferment, 3 days cold crash, keg, carb, drink.

You can do it in three weeks. 2-week primary, 3-4 day dry hop, then keg. Let sit for another couple of days and drink.

The dry hop is probably the major variable here - you may need to wait for any grassy flavors to subside, but those don't usually appear unless you dry hop for longer than 4 days.

Yes, I routinely make IPAs and am drinking them in four weeks (or less). Make sure you pitch enough yeast (using a yeast pitching calculator), and keep the fermentation temperature on the low end of the optimum temperature, and you should be fine!

My DFH 60 minute clone (under my recipe "pull down" on the left) is good for that.

i just kegged this last night and had a small glass. mighty tasty. i did change out a few hops because my LHBS didn't have all of the required ones. i did 2 weeks in primary and dry hopped 5 days in secondary. in keg now for 14 hrs at 40PSI and when i get home from work it will be pretty close.

I think this will be a beer that i keep on tap!!

Thanks for posting that recipe Yooper!!

Back