Temp control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toasty27

Reaction score
I just got a cheap used fridge that i can use for fermentation. I live in New Mexico so brewing anywhere between feb.-oct. is pretty pointless without some sort of controlled temperature. Is there a recommended temperature controller i should use for inside the fridge? Thanks.

I use the Johnson controller. I don't know if it's better or worse than the other ones mentioned, but I've had good results with it so far. I use one on my kegerator and one on my fermentation chamber, with the probe submerged in a jar of water inside and the controllers mounted on the wall behind.

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/produ...12193&osCsid=ce73f198fee8ec5ae4b7fd5b74b202bf

Digital-Temeperature-Controller-web.jpg

+1 for the Johnson controls A419. Mine works great. I know a lot of people use Ranco or STC temp controllers and are very happy with them.

STC-1000 is your cheapest bet. Digital controller that allows you to input your own deadband and offset (so you can calibrate if needed). It's $25 or so on ebay, you'll just need a couple parts from Walmart or Home Depot to mount/wire it in a project box.

Back