WLP007 Question - Brown ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WDT

Reaction score
I have a brown ale fermenting right now with 007, the krausen is all dropped down and the beer is fairly clear since Sunday's brew session (3 days). I would like to rack it to the keg this weekend for a party the following.

Do you think this is too soon for this yeast? I typically wait 10 days and make sure ferment is finished. I check gravity and it's gone down from 1.052 to 1.013. Just guessing that when I again this evening i'm going to get the same gravity reading.

I've used 007 a few times. I've experienced 80%+ AA with this yeast, and I've also noticed that it flocs out very quickly.

With a 1.052 OG, you're probably looking at dropping a few more points from 1.013. I'd predict an FG at least in the 1.010/1.011 range. You might try rousing the yeast cake to get them back in suspension if you want to drop the FG.

If you don't mind, go ahead and transfer. You'll still have enough yeast cells in suspension to clean up diacetyl/acetaldehyde.

Thanks, I'll watch it until Friday. If it appears finished out, i'll keg it.

Back