• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Connecticut 15 Gallon electric HLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audger

Reaction score
This is somewhat of an unfinished project, but it should be a great starting point for someone out there...

220513-0831002_zps8b29c365.jpg

The keg has two stainless 1/2" ports silver soldered into the bottom side, one has a 1/2" male camlock, the other has a stainless plug (you could use this for a temp sensor or fill port or sight gauge). I havnt cut a hole in the top yet (if you want me to, I can do that for you). It also has two 1" NPS ports soldered into the bottom for heating elements (the "bottom" is the normal top of the keg). The elements installed are rated at 4500w 240v each (or 1125 watts each if you plan on using 120v, which you can).

The HLT is meant to be used upside-down... the sankey neck is supposed to be on the bottom, and you attach a 2" tri-clamp fitting and an O-ring to the stem. All of that is included, as well as a new 1/2" three-piece stainless ball valve. Ill get a picture of this valve assembly when I find it (somewhere in my brew pile, I could only look quickly, but it will be included. all parts are NEW). Also has a grounding strap soldered on near the elements.

You can have the sankey spear that came out of it too, if you want.

Asking $200 picked up (no shipping. Im located almost exactly in the center of CT)

More pics:

Latest posts

Back