• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Connecticut (6) ball lock kegs for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

audger

Reaction score
090513-1459_zpsa768c3ce.jpg

All are clean inside and out. All have new set of (5) gaskets. All contain starsan and are pretty much ready to brew. None of these kegs have any stickers or residue or anything on the outside. They are all nice and shiny with only the occasional small blemish. Almost no dents or dings.

I used these for a few years, but Im scaling down my brewing operation... no more room for a massive keg collection anymore.

$45 each, or $260 for 6. Im located almost exactly in the center of the state. Shoot me a pm with questions. No shipping, pickup only (or you arrange and pay for shipping on your own).

Thanks for looking.
(yes there are 7 in the picture, one has already been sold)

audger said:
All are clean inside and out. All have new set of (5) gaskets. All contain starsan and are pretty much ready to brew. None of these kegs have any stickers or residue or anything on the outside. They are all nice and shiny with only the occasional small blemish. Almost no dents or dings.

I used these for a few years, but Im scaling down my brewing operation... no more room for a massive keg collection anymore.

$45 each, or $260 for 6. Im located almost exactly in the center of the state. Shoot me a pm with questions. No shipping, pickup only (or you arrange and pay for shipping on your own).

Thanks for looking.
(yes there are 7 in the picture, one has already been sold)

Are they all 5 gallon?

^^ indeed, i should have mentioned.

they are all Cornelius brand, if anyone is interested i can go find out the individual models. they are all pretty similar.

I'm interested in the whole lot if you are willing to take $240, and can wait for me to pick them up on my way back from the NHC.

If the deal falls through or you turn it down, I'll take 2 @ $45 each. Thanks.

Nah, $260 is with the HBT discount already. The prices are firm. These are not dirty, banged up run-of-the-mill kegs you might find in a junkyard or garage sale, and Ive put a decent amount of time and money into cleaning, polishing and new gaskets. Im willing to wait, but Im not willing to give away money.

You can't blame a guy for asking. I'll take all of them.

Not for asking, but you didnt ask... you told.

Ive decided to split them up. I have a friend who will also take one, so if I have one left over Im fine with that. Stretch and troutcatcher, you have PMs

audger said:
Not for asking, but you didnt ask... you told.

I'd definitely say "If you are willing to take $240" constitutes a question. I'd even call it a good natured bargaining attempt and when you said no he agreed to the original terms.

I have been informed through a PM that the deal for me taking the whole lot is off. I was going to post this in a reply to the PM informing me of that but decided people should know what kind of person they are dealing with in this seller-

Are you serious!!! At no point did I demand anything. In fact I agreed to your asking price after I asked if you'd be willing to take what would have amounted to $5 off each keg as opposed to the $10 off the whole deal you proposed. That's called bartering. Then in PM's between us pickup options were discussed. Which incidently resulted in me arranging for a friend to come get them this weekend. Only after outside interest in parting out the lot, which I grant you does net you a slightly higher profit, arose did you claim that I demanded a discount which apparently angered you! Why not just say you changed your mind and wanted to part it out for more profit? I thought this looked like a deal that was good, but it turns out it's been too good to be true.

bad67z said:
It is a good faith bartering technique.

But his reaction is common. You don't have to do too many Craigslist deals before you find that some people get extremely offended by it. I don't get it. I only put stuff on CL if I want it gone, so the price isn't really something I care about. And I've talked people down quite a bit and gotten some good deals, so it's worth a shot. If they say "firm" then I don't negotiate.

^^^ True, but the way I read it the seller did not mention it was a "firm" price until after the counter offer was made. And then the original offer was agreed to and accepted by DannyBoyDD. Maybe I'm missing something here. :drunk:

^^^ You're missing nothing, there is definitely lameness afoot... OP said nothing about it being firm and as soon as he said it was DannyB took the original offer.

This is some corny corny drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back