gas troubles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffy

Reaction score
i am new to the kegging thing and i finally got my keezer up and runnin but i keep running into gas troubles. through trial and error i think i keep finding problem and fixing it. well i woke up monday morning and i was outta gas. i presently only have 1 keg hooked up and it has zero pressure so im guessing the leak is the keg. now i cant get any gas hooked up til saturday due to work and my keg of kolsch is lagering at the moment. im wondering if my beer will be ok with no pressure for 5 days

It should be fine.

Once you get your CO2 refillied and hooked back up, use the soapy water trick (like you'd use to find a hole in your tire) to find the leaks.

Just think of it this way. In your fermenter or in secondarys there isnt really pressure on them and they are fine. You will be fine off pressure for quite a while. The only thing that may even remotely cause a problem would be if there are wild temperature swings on the keg that would cause expansion/contraction and suck anything nasty in through the leak. Kinda of a low chance of that happening though. When you do get your tank refilled, find that leak. Nothing worse than an empty CO2 tank when you want a beer.

Agree with the others, the beer will be fine. Be sure to use keg lube/plumbers grease on your o-rings for a complete seal. Also check you o-rings to make sure they are in good shape. I battled similar issues at first with my used kegs.

got my gas set up, put the pressure up to 30psi... instant fix. the leak is in the release valve oif the keg. this plug looks pretty beat up is there a way to fix these. i havent even used it yet i feel like midwest should maybe replace the valve

Remove the plug, apply some keg lube and reassemble. See if that does the trick. Also I would use Starsan in a spay bottle to check for leaks as opposed to soap.

Latest posts

Back