Two week to three week in bottle does not always apply.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOGAN

Reaction score
Made a Raging B!tch clone and it was amazing after one week of bottle conditioning at 70 degrees F.At two weeks it is still amazing and hard to tell between my ber and the original.I follow the three week mantra like a saint but it feels good to be a sinner right now and I think IPA should be at a different standard.Could be wrong?,maybe it is the yeast strain but three weeks would do nothing but stretch out the time between a full two cases and my gullet.Sometimes things are not set in stone and I know people have their gods on this site but IMHO..in rare occassions things are not meant for stone.

I don't think it's in stone anywhere to wait two to three weeks, I'm pretty sure those are guidelines for impatient newbies :)

I had to wait 5 weeks for my latest ESB to carb up and stop tasting like old vegetables. Now it's perfect, might be one of my finest

Might have been moving to all grain from expired box kits.The yeast were ready to do their job early and I was more than willing to benefit from their work.

I'm not one to age beer that is of a normal OG and FG and without complex flavors.

I'm drinking plenty of my ales by week 3, let alone letting them sit in a bottle for another 3 weeks!

I've never subscribed to the "3 weeks at 70 degrees or your beers will suck" mantra.

Just made your pale ale recipe Yooper(as in almost two weeks ago)I changed it with a hibiscus addition but you gave me the guidelines.I will be bottling it Friday.I used Wyeast 3522 again and i believe this one will be a crowd pleaser also...plus i threw in some Mosaic Hops.Just a FYI i will not blame you if it turns out undrinkable.

I think Wyeast 3522 is a almost no brainer Belgian yeast.If i had the cash i would buy them out of stock...Maybe I should just start washing yeast.

I kind of had the opposite experience when I was bottling. Most of the time, by week 2-3 I was already digging in, and happy with the beer. But on those rare occasions that I let some sit for a couple months, I was very impressed. Now that I keg, it really makes no difference other than the fact that the longer it sits, the clearer it gets.

My SWMBO left a quarter of a cup of said beer because of a few yeasty boys...I wish i had poured it.

If after 3 days is any indication my rye IPA will be ready in less than 2 weeks. I failed to check FG @bottling (another sinner here) so of course I worried a tad about incomplete ferm. Slowly uncapped a bottle...nothing...then a slow stream of bubbles from bottom...a small head forming....more bubbles, faster...finishing off with about 3/4" head or so which quickly dissipated. FG was right where it was supposed to be (did the math to account for priming sugar), so should have RDWHAHB but sometimes easier said then done. NOW I can relax :D. The beer was in primary x2 weeks, secondary/dryhop for 1 week. Its exquisite, BTW!!

Well,If you go by bif pitch rates,& have veery good temp control,Then beers can be done quite a bit faster than the 7-8 weeks it takes mine from kettle to glass. that's an average of 3 weeks primary to finish & settle out clear or slightly misty. Bottle time is nearly always 3-4 weeks. I have had some done & ready in 11 days in the bottle before. but they were kinda plain AE brews too. Besides yeast pitch rates,maybe the PM beers I'm doing are a hair malty or some qualities of the malts I use from Rahr,Crisp,Breisse,Weyermann's & the like. I thought they might be a hair heavier & taking longer to carb & condition.

Back