Adding complex sugars for bugs post fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KuntzBrewing

Reaction score
I made my first saison mashed at 148-150 until complete conversion. Added wyeast 3724 Belgium saison and a starter of jolly pumpkin dreggs. Fermented in mid-upper 60s for 3 days then heated to mid 80s to 90 for until it completed. Its bone dry around 1.002 (from 1.054) its just not as tart/sour as I want. Anything I can add to let the bugs keep working and making a little acid

Interesting stuff here under "4. Fruiting and Blending Beers that really aren't Sour Enough......": http://ryanbrews.blogspot.com/2011/03/blending-and-fruiting-lambics-my.html

That's a good find. My only concern is the sour mash I made with spent hefeweizen grain (50%wheat 25/25 pils/munich all from weyermann) and blending it. I did a full sour mash with my grain bill (12lbs dry) got 2 gallons of beer out of it and it is indeed sour. It just taste like rotting grain a lot which worrys me about blending

Latest posts

Back