Temp. Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pugs13

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Lately I have been fermenting my beers at around 63F-65F. The yeast I have been using has been WLP002, WLP007 and I also used 1338. I am well aware of the issues that can arise with high temp fermentations. I have not noticed any real effects as of yet other than they have been a little bit more fruity...and the yeast is still finishing out fine. Just curious to get your thoughts if there is any real issues besides yeast dropping out early, like any off flavors and such. Thanks.

Well, there's the whole "fruity" thing...

Cheers ;)

Thats what I thought...I also do a 1 step fermentation, but most of my ales are done within 3 weeks so I don't think that is too long for it to be sitting on the yeast cake and pick up any unwanted tastes...
It's crazy I brewed up a batch of peach ale and took a reading/taste test yesterday and it tasted like apricots, I fermented steady at about 64F with European Ale...the crazy thing about that is I have not even added or racked over any peaches or any fruit yet for that matter. I think its the hops I used, I used Challenger plus the fruity character of the yeast...

Back