Need name ideas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnyp1980

Reaction score
Hello. Brewed a cream ale, decided to make it my summer beer and used 6 limes, the juice and the zest. Anyhoo its fermenting and I was curious I need a name. Realized earlier that lime beer which ive been calling it sounds dull. I need a catchy name. So any ideas would be cool. Cheers.

Green cream ale. (Sounds bad)
Green goblin cream lol.
Citronious
Lime head.

I dunno. I hate picking names.

My wife is from the Philippines. Their limes over there are small and round...they call them "Calamancy". So hows about "Calamancy Cream"?

Thanks for the responses I shall choose a name from anyone who posts after I taste it. One month im guessing...If it tastes horrible then no sense on giving it a clever name. At that point it will be known as S#!T beer.

What's the lime Mr. Wolf?
Cream of the crop
Greenwich Mean Lime
Eastern Standard Lime
Sour Power (probably not a good one)
Zest is best
South by South Zest
The American Cream

Island Hopper
Island Delight
Beachcomber's Best
Sandbar Serenity
These should give you some alternate ideas to the Philipino part...

unionrdr said:
Island Hopper
Island Delight
Beachcomber's Best
Sandbar Serenity
These should give you some alternate ideas to the Philipino part...

Kinda digging the whole beach thing. Nice.

jonnyp1980 said:
Hello. Brewed a cream ale, decided to make it my summer beer and used 6 limes, the juice and the zest. Anyhoo its fermenting and I was curious I need a name. Realized earlier that lime beer which ive been calling it sounds dull. I need a catchy name. So any ideas would be cool. Cheers.

Add Mint and lactose and its a mojito!!!

I've got no name ideas.

So I was transferring by beer to secondary. When....... I knocked over a glass filled with water and soap. it hit the side of the by bucket. Some liquid made its way in. :( scooped out some questionable bubbles that I though could be soap. Out a half ounce of hard alcohol in for precaution. Sealed it up and an now crossing my fingers. Taste test was very good.

jonnyp1980 said:
So I was transferring by beer to secondary. When....... I knocked over a glass filled with water and soap. it hit the side of the by bucket. Some liquid made its way in. :( scooped out some questionable bubbles that I though could be soap. Out a half ounce of hard alcohol in for precaution. Sealed it up and an now crossing my fingers. Taste test was very good.

Sorry for the auto correct. Hope you can decipher.

unionrdr said:
So you put it in secondary with half a shot of liquor?:drunk:

My thinking was that if there was a chance of infection due to the soap liquid that the liquor would kill any nasties. Was a small amount so it won't effect taste. Never contaminated my beer before so it just seemed like a good course of action.

Adding liquor won't kill any nasties that might've gotten in. But since alcohol has been produced in the fermenting beer,that might save it. IF anything got in to start with. This is why many of us don't use secondaries any more.

unionrdr said:
Adding liquor won't kill any nasties that might've gotten in. But since alcohol has been produced in the fermenting beer,that might save it. IF anything got in to start with. This is why many of us don't use secondaries any more.

Just need to be more careful. I was in a rush.

Agreed. As ambling as it doesn't get infected or give people the Sh!ts I'm all set :)

Just took my final reading and stuck my Carboy in the fridge to cold crash. Reading of 1.010 sg was 1.060. Taste test was awesome considering I thought the worst.

All of my beer names are references to either Arrested Development or Saved by the Bell. My first thought for a lime beer would be Senor Tadpole. Senor Tadpole's is the place where Kitty and Lucille have their tequila drinking contest and where they'll make a margarita in your mouth.

i almost forgot about this post so an overdue update. the beer came out great but the lime taste wasnt strong enough for what i was going for..the wheat flavor kinda over took the lime profile away...i dont think i will do a cream ale for it the next time but rather a pale al recipe..eveyone else seemed to like it but we are are own worse critics i guess..the name i went with was summer lime beach comber..thanks again and sorry for the almost no update :(

Back