Kegerator / Keezer fan circulation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcman73

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my setup for circulating air around my Kegerator and up into the draft tower. I picked up from Home Depot a grey outdoor double gang box with two 3/4 inch pipe outlets, a blank weatherproof outlet cover with a seal a length of 1 inch vinyl tubing and two 1" Barb x 3/4" NPT plastic fittings.

I drilled out a 3 inch hole in the outlet blank for the computer fan and mounted the fan to the cover. Next, I cut the inner most mounting studs in the outlet box (there are 8 studs total, 4 outer ones where the blank bolts too and 4 inner ones where outlets would mount too, I cut the four that hold the outlets, see picture). The fan is facing where it is blowing into the box therefore forcing air out of the two pipe outlets on opposite sides. I don't have pictures of it yet but I am going to attach the 1 inch vinyl tubing from one of the pipe outlets on the double gang box and then attach the other end of the vinyl tubing to a 1 inch copper T. The copper T is attached to a 1 inch copper pipe that runs up into the draft tower.

Now with this setup, cold air will not only be forced up into the tower from one pipe outlet, but it will also be circulated around the kegrator as well via the other pipe outlet on the box.

20130521_142735.jpg

20130521_143105.jpg

Just wanted to add a shot of it installed in my kegerator. It works great, the tower is ice cold. the only changes I need to make is to slow the fan down a little and possibly connecting it to the compressor circuit so it only goes on when the compressor kicks in.

20130521_201015.jpg

What did you use at the bottom where the liquid line come out of the copper to stop the airflow from just coming out the bottom??? And just qurious, how much of a pain is it to take the liquid line off/tower off to clean

[...] the only changes I need to make is to slow the fan down a little and possibly connecting it to the compressor circuit so it only goes on when the compressor kicks in.

You will likely find that the best performance comes with your tower cooler (and any other inside fans) "always on"...

Cheers!

What did you use at the bottom where the liquid line come out of the copper to stop the airflow from just coming out the bottom??? And just qurious, how much of a pain is it to take the liquid line off/tower off to clean

Sorry, just saw this post!

So, I have a copper pipe going up into the draft tower that the liquid lines go through. There is a copper T (you can see in the picture) where the liquid lines go through and the "air tube" gets attached too. I used the aluminum tape they use on A/C systems to seal up the liquid tubes coming out and also used it to keep the T on the copper pipe.

As for the liquid lines coming off the draft tower, you can just unscrew the liquid lines off the taps in the tower, unbolt the tower and lift it right off, leaving the liquid tubes in the copper pipe behind. Not sure why you would want to take the tower off though. If you need to change the liquid tubes, remove the tape inside the fridge that is around the copper pipe and liquid lines, cut the black post connectors off (you'll reuse them on the new lines) and pull them up out through the top of the draft tower. installation is the reverse.

Back