Can someone point me in the direction of a cheap keg setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnyhamer

Reaction score
I'm TIRED of bottling I didn't mind it for a while but it has become a pain. Well, off to go finish the last gallon or so...

Thanks!

Good luck. You will just have to scour around for cheap parts on the interwebs and put something together. You can usually find freezers and fridges for cheap. Freezer will need a controller though. Kegs are $40-60 for used. You can usually find regulators online for reasonable, and then just run picnic taps.

i found my setup on kegconnection. it was a 2 keg setup with Co2 tank and shipping for under 300. not too terrible...then when i get another keg i will just upgrade the distributer block to 4 or 6...it comes with a 2 block. so you can turn off the ones you dont want to carb or use at that time...

Craigslist.
I got a 5-faucet tower with micro-brew handles for $100
5 lb Co2 bottle for $35, went to the welding store and upgraded to a 10 lb (full) for $38. Costs me $18 for fills.
Got a fridge for free.
Got ball-lock Corny's for $30 a pop with new gaskets.
Regs are around $35 (I already had one).
The lines I got from my LHBS.
Got the tray off ebay for $25.
Took me an afternoon to build.

Got my keg set up from Beverige elements, like a buck fourty nine, added an extra keg for 38 bucks. I go both ways, keg some, bottle some. Depends on the style and intended use. Bottle most darks and higher ABV's and keg the lite and session styles. Saves work and makes deciding easier too. Good luck.

Wheelchair Bob

Rebel brewer has a 3 gallon tail gate style system for $135. You would have to naturally carb but its a good bare bones system and will work how you want until you can get a co2 tank and regulator.

I have looked at many of the above-listed websites and their kits, but am still curious if it is more cost effective to buy everything separately.

I am looking for a 3-tap system running off 1 CO2 tank to 3 ball-lock corny's. I already have a CO2 regulator and the kegs but need to purchase everything else. I want to go with 3 Perlick 525ss faucets + SS shanks.

Thoughts??

I just purchased a custom order through Birdman Brewing. Brian was an AWESOME guy to work with and this is what I got:

4-way CO2 Manifold
2 525SS faucets + SS shanks + tap handles + tailpiece assemblies
2 10' beer lines with quick connects and hose clamps
All gas lines with quick connects and hose clamps
3 packs of complete O-Ring sets for ball lock corny's
Faucet wrench

With shipping it came to ~$225.00. Best part? Everything will be pre-assembled. Like I said, great customer service with Birdman Brewing and assuming everything gets to me without issues, I will have no problem ordering from them in the future.

Back