What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rushing Duck Kroovy imperial red ale

image-991143993.jpg

Kissin my ass goodnight after this one.:confused: Maltier than the standard westcoast ipa,good balance though.Sweet but bitter enough to kill the sweetness pretty good .Good tasteing beer altogether.Ive thought most of their stuff was pretty good.Especially that vannilla pale ale.

ass kisser double.jpg

TNGabe said:
Italian sours, nice.

Thanks. Was able to score the sample of italian brews from my sisters restaurant where she cooks bartends hosts and occasionally manages. She suggested to the owner ( from my suggestion to her) to try and get a few different syles other than the morettis and peronis found in most italian restaurants. And the outcome has become quite nice. The saison IPA is a very good brew from birra de borga. Havent had a chance to sample the others yet.

Since right now im having some yeti imperial stout. Very nice another first timer for me.

nukebrewer said:
If I have any left I'll bring you some next time I come to Texas. It's aging quite well.

Sweet!
Definitely let me know next time you're coming down. Hopefully I'll have some good homebrews for you. And maybe you'll have room in your bag for a Gahndi Bot along with that Pecan Ale. ;)

Pulled out a Great Lakes Christmas Ale. I'm not sure why, but it sure complimented that that dominating Pens win! Perhaps because it was a nice gift from them and....oh who cares. It was good. Carry on.

tyzippers said:
That's a pretty solid brew right there.

It is indeed. I'm wondering if it's filtered and carbonated though, because it's more or less crystal clear with no sediment in the bottle whatsoever.

having a short pour of my El Dorado IPA. It's still not my favorite, but it's growing on me.
I had a taste of the gravity sample of my latest IPA recipe, and I'm definately going to brew this one again! I used 1 oz of summit @ FWH, 1 oz cascade @ 15 minutes, 1oz citra @ 5 minutes, and 1/2 oz of cascade @flame out. I dry hopped with 1 oz each of cascade and citra. Up on deck is a bomber of HB'ed oatmeal stout...

I've haven't bought beer in months but the wife picked a 6'er of these up, said "you used to buy the green one (ipa) and the red one (esb) this one is blue!!" It's really refreshing!!

AUDIBLE-12OZ-SMALL1.png

Im about as good at making bread as I am making beer. Saison beer bread with my saison beer. Cheers!

ForumRunner_20130502_021128.jpg

image-1314177474.jpg

Raspberry lemon mate tea. Doing an early morning brew today. It's hard to find a better way to relax than with some good music on a brew day.

wyobrewer1 said:
Raspberry lemon mate tea. Doing an early morning brew today. It's hard to find a better way to relax than with some good music on a brew day.

I like the mug!

Captain Lawrence Hops n Roses. Sharp aroma, great rosy color, mild sour and funky flavors, reminiscent of a kombucha. Been holding onto this one for a while, very refreshing with lunch.

:off: My experience with sours is limited, so apologies if this is a dumb question but I know there are some sour lovers on this thread. I know the beer is aged in oak with Brett and there is plenty of sediment in the bottle. What's the best way to use the dregs, if I don't have a beer to pitch them in right away? Pitch it in a starter and let it ferment out? Just save the dregs in the bottle?

image-4141696813.jpg

Captain Lawrence Hops n Roses. Sharp aroma, great rosy color, mild sour and funky flavors, reminiscent of a kombucha. Been holding onto this one for a while, very refreshing with lunch.

:off: My experience with sours is limited, so apologies if this is a dumb question but I know there are some sour lovers on this thread. I know the beer is aged in oak with Brett and there is plenty of sediment in the bottle. What's the best way to use the dregs, if I don't have a beer to pitch them in right away? Pitch it in a starter and let it ferment out? Just save the dregs in the bottle?

I would worry about acetobacter or other unwanted stuff moving in if you just keep it in the bottle. I'd got with a small 100-200ml starter of low grave wort and step it up from there.

mcbaumannerb said:
I wish I could find the Pilsner Urquell in cans around here. Would be nice to not have to worry about skunking.

Same here. I'd love to try a canned one.

Relaxing after work with an iced French pressed Guatemalan peaberry coffee and a full bowl of McClelland Mellow Mack.

image-2200065935.jpg

I'm celebrating with this.

ForumRunner_20130502_173200.png

My buddy just bought his bar back and he wants me to dj on Friday and Saturday for $400.00 cash wooooohooooo finally a steady djing job :)

ForumRunner_20130502_173601.jpg

My side job ;)

Back