Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait for tonight. Fully expect Boston to dominate Game 1, leading every single Leafs bandwagon rider to immediately jump off first thing tomorrow morning.

If the Leafs somehow pull off a victory, however, this city will go insane. Yes, insane after ONE GAME. That's how hurting we are here...

pYEbFcH.gif

tumblr_m784s2qUoW1qzvvk7o1_500.jpg

Dang, well exciting Wild/Hawks game last night. Harding played very well for his first complete game of the season. Clutterbucks goal was sneaky good, but it should have been stopped by Crawford. The 3rd was very entertaining, even though that type of pace clearly benefits the Hawks. Wild played the style they wanted until then, but couldn't contain in the 3rd and OT. I thought Zucker had it for us, but rocked the cross bar instead.

I just hope that wasn't our best effort because we're going to need to squeeze a little more yet. Lookin forward to Friday!

I have very little confidence in Crawford at this point. He's been ok this season but split the games with Emery (who was better, imo) but he was rattled last night and everyone knew it. Fortunately, the D held fairly well and the offence was just enough to get the job done. I've got the Blackhawks in 5 but after last night it could be 6.

The Leafs take the lead in the first two minutes, as expected... by absolutely nobody.

****ing Ference evades a penalty but Shanahan better dish out a suspension for that hit to the head.

I love playoff hockey...

Who doesn't?! (Don't answer, it's a rhetorical question; obviously only retards).

There really is nothing in pro sports - probably all of sports - that has even half the intensity of playoff hockey. It just can't be beat...

Unlike the awful Leafs right now.

I wonder if there are 3 teams professional sport teams playing and winning tonight in Toronto? Oh wait I know there's at least 2 ......

Hope it stays that way...

Very likely... what a total joke. No discipline at all, both when changing and taking bad penalties when they lose their cool. This is really bad even for them...

P.S. Your username keeps making me think you're a Chicago guy. Consistently annoying.

Very likely... what a total joke. No discipline at all, both when changing and taking bad penalties when they lose their cool. This is really bad even for them...

P.S. Your username keeps making me think you're a Chicago guy. Consistently annoying.

Ugh, your killing me!!!I never thought of that. I used to do a lot of stock trading in my spare time. That's where that came from. Fuc k, now I have to change it. lol!!

On the hockey side, Some of those Leaf penalties were a little suspect. That hooking call on MacAurther was BS imo...

Ugh, that's not good..I never thought of that. I used to do a lot of stock trading in my spare time. That's where that came from. Fuc k, now I have to change it. lol!!

On the hockey side, Some of those Leaf penalties were a little suspect. That hooking call on MacAurther was BS imo...

The uncalled elbow to the face of Grabovski was BS.

Not that it's going to matter, but I'm glad they decided this last "goal" didn't count. I don't think I could handle such an epic failure on Kadri's part of idiotically KEEPING the puck in his zone like that...

And yes, definitely change your name!

Woof! My clicker thumb is spent, toggling between Bruins, Red Sox, and Celtics games! Jeeze, can't the leagues do even a tiny bit of coordination?

Anyway...Great night to be a Boston fan: Bruins dominated the Leafs, Sox beyotch-slapped the Jays, and even the improbable Celtics put on a good showing for their win.

Bruins in 4...

Cheers!

How about all those misconducts at the end of the game?! Three 10 minute misconducts aside and a game misconduct! Thoughts on the Reasner hit?

How about all those misconducts at the end of the game?! Three 10 minute misconducts aside and a game misconduct! Thoughts on the Reasner hit?

looked like a cheap slewfoot to me, doubt anything will come of it

slewfoot might not be the best way to describe it actually but it was not any sort of knee on knee contact like they were claiming on tv at 1st

CityOChampBrew said:
looked like a cheap slewfoot to me, doubt anything will come of it

slewfoot might not be the best way to describe it actually but it was not any sort of knee on knee contact like they were claiming on tv at 1st

Yeah. I was actually surprised he got the game. I don't think anything will happen. Wasn't there a rule put in place at one point that stated that if a player recieves a major penalty inside the last few minutes if a game, it is an automatic one game suspension? Or am I crazy?

BS 5 minute major called on Ottawa. Apparently large amounts of blood makes the refs unable to make objective calls.

Dustin Brown...What a gigantic ****** bag. I stayed silent on the elbow to Pominville's head in the Wild's 3rd to last game. He likely gave him a concussion, JP is still day to day and could miss the entire playoffs. Brown said he was bracing for the check, bull. 2 game suspension by the leauge and no penalty on the play.

Then the very intentional attempted knee on knee and attempted elbow to Jaden Schwartz. Luckily Schwartz missed both of them barely. I have no problem with guys checking or hitting each other, but I have no tolerance for flying elbows or knees. If you're going to go to that extreme, its time to drop the gloves and fight like a man.

http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2013...wn-knee-on-knee-hit-jaden-schwartz/in/4056997

And despite the Wings best effort of losing the game last night, they held on to win in overtime.

And pretty much the exact opposite/counter-example to that, was the blues/kings game last night. As I mentioned in another thread, I've never seen a goalie with such a look of sheer horror as I saw on Quick's face last night!

Dustin Brown...What a gigantic ****** bag. I stayed silent on the elbow to Pominville's head in the Wild's 3rd to last game. He likely gave him a concussion, JP is still day to day and could miss the entire playoffs. Brown said he was bracing for the check, bull. 2 game suspension by the leauge and no penalty on the play.

Then the very intentional attempted knee on knee and attempted elbow to Jaden Schwartz. Luckily Schwartz missed both of them barely. I have no problem with guys checking or hitting each other, but I have no tolerance for flying elbows or knees. If you're going to go to that extreme, its time to drop the gloves and fight like a man.

http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2013/5/2/4295746/blues-kings-dustin-brown-knee-on-knee-hit-jaden-schwartz/in/4056997

Total nonsense. He does not go around intentionally risking serious injury to other players in a manner contrary to player safety rules. The thing about Brown is that, probably more than any other player I've seen, the guy goes absolutely balls to the wall in virtually everything he does (even at a greater risk of injury to himself), sacrificing himself and his body in what I can only really describe as an extreme work ethic.

That clip in the link you provided actually hurts your case a bit. He was absolutely pulling back from that hit. Momentum was guaranteeing some degree of an impact there, and the only reason Schwartz was "missed" as you claim is because Brown really did pull back on it. Schwartz didn't just magically escape Brown's heat-seeking Atomic Death Elbow™... had he really wanted to lay Schwartz out with it, ALL HE HAD TO DO was let his forward momentum do what it does naturally, and instead just not really react to anything.

Of course, the reason that clip in the link you provided actually hurts your case (only) "a bit", rather than "A LOT", is because it (almost certainly intentionally) doesn't show enough of the lead-up to that hit to instead make it plainly obvious (without REALLY paying attention... which is exactly what it is counting on) that Brown was ACTUALLY trying to take away some of that forward momentum, rather than simply barreling down the ice at full speed keeping said heat-seeking Atomic Death Elbow™ at a full lock on to Schwartz's head... which is the ONLY reason it "missed". If Brown was looking for it to actually connect, it would have been but a simple matter to actually make it happen. It would have happened. But, curiously, it did not happen.

That hit on Eller was brutal, was lots of debate about it but the panel on TSN all think it was a clean hit. I'm on the fence about it, need to see a couple more angles and the lead up to it to make up my mind.

Hit was clean but brutal. Main points were that it was a shoulder to chest hit on a player with the puck who had his head down. The resulting impact spun him in the air and he landed face down on the ice. It looked horrible, and I can't really blame the ref for assessing a penalty, but it was a legal hit. Eller should be pissed at himself for skating into neutral ice with his head down and at his teammate for throwing him a pass which put him in such a position.

For a bit more context, here's Scott Stevens destroying people in the 90s. The way he'd set up his hits (and the results) are similar to what occurred last night. Stevens' hit on Slava Kozlov was textbook and vicious, but legal.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the link. when I was watching sportscenter they showed those angles but not in slow motion. their interpretation makes a lot of sense. good,clean hit. I don't think the refs would have assessed a penalty if Eller would have been able to bounce back up and skate away

Latest posts

Back