What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a hop spider

image-740569597.jpg

Orthobrewsky said:
Committed yet another felony at 12:30 pm when I pitched S-04 into a stout. Also kegged a Maibock this morning while mashing the stout.

Is it still a felony if you do a wild fermentation?

What about when they soak grain until it starts to krausen for hog feed?

Bottled my first all grain brew. An 8.25 pilsner. Brewed on 2/24. Could have lagered longer but it's getting warm and I have no fridge for it, so I figured better start bottle conditioning

Converted the fridge in the garage for fermentation using an external thermostat.
Debated bottling my stout.
Drank some of my porter.
(Not necessarily in that order :)

Stripped the labels off of 65 12oz bottles and 20 bombers. Cleaning bottles is now only my second least favorite brewing activity...and it is on deck.

Kegged a batch of Centennial Blonde. Going to let it chill for a couple days, then add some gelatin to let it clear. First time I'm trying that method....

Is it still a felony if you do a wild fermentation?

What about when they soak grain until it starts to krausen for hog feed?

Good questions. I've known orange juice to ferment in the frig. It's all a pretty natural, sometimes hard to avoid process. The silly law may get cleared up this year.

I guess it's more like what did I do for beer this weekend since yesterday, I drove about an hour each way to pick up 50.5 lbs of American 2-Row and 55 lbs of Belgium Pils on my first South Jersey group buy. Props to Brett of Brew your own Bottle in Westmont, NJ for making this possible. Then today I kegged for the first time ever. Denny's Golden Monkey Homage went in the keg and is sitting at 20psi. Can't wait to try this stuff. Sure is easier and quicker than bottling!

Yesterday I went to LBHS and picked up the supplies for another batch of Pedrohearts beer time capsule and an Easy Belgian style Wit. I also picked up hoses and connectors for the kegarator build.

Today, brewing up the two beers and seperating the mini fridge guts from the foam casing. This will be installed into the kegatator project.

Bottled 47 bottles of a harpoon clone then since I had the bottle washer washed 60 bottles. Put another 30 into Delaney buckets. Makes empty ready to go bottle count around 200.

Brewed 8gal of BM's Centennial Blonde as one of five preview beers for my BIL's wedding. Should have all 5 by Mem Day for a huge get together!

Brewed a 12 gallon batch, split it. Trying two different yeasts to see which one will fit better. Only had a 5 and a 6 gallon vacant, so I put the rest in a 1 gallon and am trying my wild yeast from a friend's grove it's to see what happens. Pitched at 2am, all three are going crazy.

The three are totally acting different.
Nottingham is swirling the whole thing with brownish foam
S-04 is still with white foam but the blow off is going crazy
Yeast from the orange grove is all bottom action, no foam, but is insane. The airlock it like there is a stream of air coming through it. It's probably bubbling 5+ times per second.

Went to 5 different bars and 2 breweries to propose the AHA discount program for them to participate in. Can you believe not 1 LHBS or bar or brewery participates !!! We are like the micro central of the Hudson valley in NY and no one has pushed for their participation yet.

Brewed a 5 gallon extract Black Lager while gathering the finishing grains for my Belgian white next weekend. If you don't brew for a couple of weeks, you run out of beer.

Five taps and only two running?

Brewed a belgian blonde, racked Scottish 80 to secondary, sorted grain bags in the brewery... and drank homebrew

Just listening to my Cream of Three Crops I brewed yesterday.
Chugging along nicely at 66 degrees.

Cheers

I bottled my red ale after 3 weeks in the primary. Then I washed the yeast in the bottom of the bucket. I now have 5 jars of S-04 to use later! My pipeline now has 5 cases of three beers.

Yesterday finished off my brewstand. This weekend I will be brewing Orfy's Hobgoblin II with my FIL (his second brew)! Should be good as SWMBO has even said maybe we should start earlier than last time so we are not finishing up at 1am!

Brewed a 10 gallon batch of Caramel Amber Ale to split with a friend and finished off his keg of BM Centennial Blonde so now he has room for it!

Usually lurk here because it has taken a long time for me to get my equipment for all grain together. My wife was really excited that I spent a lot of cash on fittings from barginfittings.com and austin homebrew. So today I spent money to finish my all grain set up. Two keggels with thermometers, sight glasses, pickup tubes and ball valves with quick connects. Rubbermaid cooler with SS false bottom. Also my first ingredients from the LHBS I didn't know was there till yesterday. Gonna run it on Thursday!!

CreamyGoodness said:
I bottled a gallon of irish red I was dumb enough to leave in the fermenter for over a month. Sigh.

No worries, mate! Several months would be safe, and many members leave a beer in primary 6-8 weeks intentially.

Bottled 2 cases of Honey Pear Cider to bring up to the Wanee Music Festival put on by the Allman Brothers. Four days of awesome music and camping, 2 cases of cider, a keg of my IPA, and a bunch of great cigars.... It's gonna be great!!!!

Back