How many inches per day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mf6421

Reaction score
I measured a growth last year of about 10 inches in one day, although that was an abnormally warm and sunny spring . Just yesterday afternoon I marked one of my centennial bines, and it grew about 5 inches. This is a fun way to actually track how fast these grow.

ForumRunner_20130506_185148.jpg

4th year, although it has looked pretty much like this since its second year. The rope is about as thick as my pinky finger, and the bine is just a little bit thinner.

that growth rate is awesome.. I can't wait for my plants to take off.. Out of the 13 rhizomes I put in the ground this year only three have broken through so far, but it's only been a couple weeks, and the rhizomes weren't that large to begin with.

here's to hoping.

I've been monitoring one of my 4-year Hallertau bines this year. In a span of 48 hours it grew from 52 inches off the ground to 66 inches. Early last week they were only buds sticking out of the ground!

Back