Encouragement: Finished Second Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveLikesBeer

Reaction score
Many months back I tried brewing my first beer. It was a hefeweizen and I made a ton of mistakes which impacted flavor (though the aroma was amazing). A few weeks ago I decided to try again with an American IPA. While brewing this second batch it was became even more obvious to me what I did wrong the first time to the point I believe my first batch mistake taught me more than a successful first batch.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is if your first batch doesn't come out like you liked, don't fear! Use it as a learning experience to figure out why it smells great but tastes off. Or why it has a tannin taste. Etc.. Your second batch (and taste buds) will thank you.

For those wondering it was extract with steeping grains. I used Summit, Centennial, Cascade, Amarillo and dry hopped in secondary with Columbus. :mug:

Congrats, welcome to the addiction. We've all learned from our mistakes. Patience and perserverance is the hardest part of brewing.

Back