Pitch yeast next morning after brew day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engus

Reaction score
I am going to brew up a wheat beer tomorrow and will be buying everything in the morning. I was going to make a yeast starter, but have read you should do it at least 12-22 hours before pitching.

So, can I brew and make the yeast starter on the same day, then pitch the yeast the next morning?

yep, just make sure you rock your sanitation and you're good to go. In the summer I have to do this a lot to allow the beer time to cool down to proper yeast pitching temp when the groundwater is super warm and I have trouble cooling.

So are you all saying that it is ok to pitch yeast the morning after brew day? I have heard this before but haven't had the courage to try it. I don't yet own any type of a wort cooler and I often have a hard time getting the 5 gallons of wort cooled quickly. Would leaving the wort to cool overnight and pitching the next day be ok?

Back