The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact that Yeager then "agreed" with that stroke of genius logic actually made it even funnier.

Brian: "the name of your dive boat is stupid"

Paul: "nuh-uh! It's a DIVE boat, so its awesome!"

Yeager: "yeah!!"

Beautiful. If you two tried to chew gum while taking a dump you would fall off the toilet.

You should have named it "My 201(k)" since, you know, you just wasted half of your life's savings.

Of course, you'd then have to name your new pickup "201(k)-Part 2"

There is one tiny difference between my buying a boat to bring my wife and kids and friends scuba diving and Cape's opening up a commercial enterprise. I'm under absolutely no illusions about making money with my boat. The boat will always be nothing more than an expense. In three years the IRS isn't going to knock on my door and decide that my boat isn't a business, it's a hobby. The boat is a hobby. I'm cool with that. Cause at the end of the day I'm going to be hanging out on my boat, drinking my own beer, while Brian will be sitting in the defunct brewery, listing his equipment on Ebay,listening to the grunting and groaning coming through the walls from the Asian Pleasure Palace next door.

I win.

You'll just have the Coast Guard boarding your vessel, deciding that the twenty kegs of untaxed "homebrew" was being smuggled into Canada, seize "The LobstahSawUs" and throw your ass in jail.

Who's bailing Paulie out this time?

... solid theory Paul except we're already profitable. So... Your "hobby theory" sucks.

Also.. The rub and tug next door closed months ago... So... Other than "the boat os a hobby", per usual, your post is total bull.

Im not worried about the Coast Guard. I spent four years in the Coast Guard. I know how those guys work. If I get boarded and they find 20 kegs of Dirty Water on board they're going to conduct an'In Depth Investigation' . It will probably take hours. Then, when the evidence has been thoroughly examined they'll kick me loose. Uncle Sam's Confused Group ain't on my list of concerns.

Haha... Yeah. Good call Paulie... Bribing law enforcement allllllllways works and trying to do it with the beer YOU make?? LOL, oh absolutely. That'll defffffffinitely work.

You should do that tomorrow.

Cape Brewing said:
The fact that Yeager then "agreed" with that stroke of genius logic actually made it even funnier.

Brian: "the name of your dive boat is stupid"

Paul: "nuh-uh! It's a DIVE boat, so its awesome!"

Yeager: "yeah!!"

Beautiful. If you two tried to chew gum while taking a dump you would fall off the toilet.

I was only agreeing with his last sentence about Bog Iron

Cape Brewing said:
... solid theory Paul except we're already profitable. So... Your "hobby theory" sucks.
Man, so you've already payed off your investment? I guess I underestimated you. Btw are any of your brews on BA? I want to write a review. I know I haven't tried any of them, but I've had other crappy beer so it's close enough.

Once again you show your total disconnect with reality. Anyone who goes further offshore than they can doggy paddle back damned well better know their way around their motor. I'm changing perfectly good oil just to know exactly how to do it. Upper and lower units. Oil filter, fuel filter, in line filter. Check, check, check. Spark plugs. Check. Main bus fuse. Check. Spares for all the above. Check.

There won't be any pinch flat rescues on Stellwagon Bank.

bottlebomber said:
I want to write a review. I know I haven't tried any of them, but I've had other crappy beer so it's close enough.

I've had their beer. It's not bad. In fact, I really liked their Mild. Of course, that was Colby's recipe. And they're not making any more of it, they just needed to have something that they knew would be good for their "Coming Out Party".

Honest to god, when you think about all the whack job decisions he's making you kind of have to wonder... Seriously, Brian...Did you go to a real school or did you get that MBA of yours at the University of Phoenix?

Man, so you've already payed off your investment? I guess I underestimated you. Btw are any of your brews on BA? I want to write a review. I know I haven't tried any of them, but I've had other crappy beer so it's close enough.

Isn't there a Shtsplat, California thread somewhere you could go and hang out in??

The weird thing is that if you go to ratebeer.com and search for "Bog Iron," one of Yeager's beers shows up.

It's odd; I never even knew he had gone pro.

RateBeer - Bog Iron.jpg

Cape Brewing said:
Isn't there a Shtsplat, California thread somewhere you could go and hang out in??

I like it here, thank you. I like to think of myself as a misplaced masshole. Over here we only have teh gheys. You'd probably like it.

Spare prop (can be a cheapy) prop nut and wrench, check?

Have 'em on my boat, used once in 26 years but they were much appreciated...

Cheers (and have fun with your new toy! :mug: )

day_trippr said:
Spare prop (can be a cheapy) prop nut and wrench, check?

Have 'em on my boat, used once in 26 years but they were much appreciated...

Cheers (and have fun with your new toy! :mug: )

Researching to decide if I want to go with a SS 4 blade as the main prop. I won't be pulling any hole shots, I don't care about quick take offs. I'll be carrying 5-6 divers with 6-8 tanks each per day. Lots of weight, speed isn't as important. My motor burns 6 GPH @ 2500 rpm, giving me +/- 27 knots. I can peg it and get 35 knots and watch fuel use double. Probably wont do that much.

But you are right, a spare prop and the fixin's are vital to have on board.

From Bog Iron
The Big Burly Blonde is a very lightly-hopped and lightly-colored blonde ale. The catch with this beer is that, after fine-tuning the small amount of floral and citrus hop varieties used in this beer, we were able to boost up the ABV to7.0% while keeping the underlying 'drinkability' intact. This is a very refreshing beer but be careful, at 7.5%, this isn't a 'lawnmower beer.'
:drunk:
Sorry Cape, I'm only doing this because I asked you for the Consecration clone recipe you used and you fed me some horsesh!t about Kaiser malt ;)

yeager1977 said:
Then again if you are the one that fell for kaiser malt I have no sumpathy

Hell no I didn't fall for it. I didn't fall for the pound of roasted barley either.

Sweet Jesus. I've only seen a fire truck take that much petrol. You're paying a buck less a gallon than us though. *******.

Just caught up on Capes "What it takes to be a pro like me" thread.

I think I'm going to vomit. Page after page of rump swabs washing Capes sackage. One moron compared him to Rosa Parks. I sheet you not. The guy compared the fight Bog Water had with the licensing boards to the Civil Rights movement.

Cape Brewing... Standing up to 'da Man'

I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

Ugg. Again with this? Didn't you go through this schpeel a week ago on that thread? I think sinility is starting to catch up to you.

But enough of that stupid "I started a brewery" story on a brewing forum... Yeah, thats super gay. Let's get back to your super hard core "I bought gas today" story. That sht had me on the edge of my seat.

TELL US Paul!!! WHAT did you do next!?! So you have the gas... THEN what!?!

OMG, if you say, "I drove away", I am gonna LOSE it... Cuz that would be AWESOME.

Poor Pauly, he'll keep putting pump gas in his boat for a year and never put any marine fuel stabilizer in the damn thing. He'll be out at sea one day the boat will cease up and have to be rescued with 10 people. That will be a funny news story, "Jumbo sized crew rescued while floating for lobstahs. The crew was in no real danger due to their buoyancy"

Latest posts

Back