Gnomegang

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbaker33

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been tasked with making a "clone" of Gnomegang for my brother's wedding, and I'm having a very hard time locating any information other than some very basic info from BeerAdvocate.

I was hoping someone out there would be able to shed some light on this beer for me. I am unable to find it here, although he is going to send me some from NY at some point. If someone has a "clone" that is close or even in the same town as the original, I think that would help a lot.

Thanks,

Mark

I will absolutely be doing that once I get a bottle or two. From what I have gathered, the fermentation yeast is WYeast 3522 (from the collaboration brewer) and then it is bottle conditioned with Ommegang's Strain. I intend to do the same. It's the guts of the recipe that I am struggling with. It's fairly light in color, so I'm thinking it will be 85-90% Pilsner, with .5-1lb of each of the remaining grains mentioned in the BA page.

Did you end up making this? I see it's pilsner, red wheat, oats, special b and carapils with some sugar and saaz hops from their sell sheet (attached), I can't imagine there's hardly any special B in there. Would 1oz do it? I was thinking 12oz carapils, 8oz wheat, 4oz oats, 12lbs pilsner and 2oz saaz spaced for about 19ibu, 1.5lbs beet sugar, 90 minute boil, I have a giant 3L starter stepped up from 1.5l of 3522 ready to go. Also temp-wise, I was going to start at 66 and bring it up to 72 over 5 days, anyone have a good guideline for that?

Gnomegang sell sheet-page-001.jpg

Just had this beer on tap for the first time. It's really, really good. Anyone attempted to brew it?

Back