IPA CO2 levels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crawkraut

Reaction score
When bottling ipa's What are you favorite:
A. Carbonation levels to aim for and
B. priming agents to use

From my simple research i was thinking 2.5 with corn sugar. But then again I have my first batches in fermenters right now and have never bottled before.

2.5 volumes is good for probably 90% of brews, so you're in well established company. Corn sugar or table sugar probably doesn't matter, as long as you measure by weight...

Cheers!

I depends on your taste. I like higher carb levels. I usually shoot for 2.75 vol in most of my beers.

I use whatever I have,dextrose,raw sugar,sometimes dme.Ive used honey,agave,brown sugar, depending on the recipe sometimes. I usually just use sugar because thats what I had on hand, although dextrose is supposibly the fastest at carbing possibly cleanist.Sugar is about the same its cheap and works well. I think I would generally preferrr dme but its more pricey and I would rather use it for starters and just use cheaper sugar. I like 2.3-2.6 vol. Probably 2.4-2.5 for most.

Latest posts

Back