Organic kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DromJohn

5 Gallon Partial-Something Brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am predominantly a kit brewer, and SWMBO, recently in cancer remission, wishes to purchase as many organic products as possible. Briess and Great Western, and probably others have many organic products, but I do not brew enough to justify buying in bulk. AHS has only Organic Brewers 2-row Malt, which I used for my only recent non-kit purchase. AHS is willing to work with me to substitute the organic, but it happens that the chosen kits so far haven't used 2-row. SWMBO and I have chosen the kits over the organic, but wish that AHS carried more organic options.

1) We wish that AHS had a toggle organic option for every kit that used 2-row, like they have toggle options for mini-mash/allgrain (calculated to up the price for the organic subsitute.)

2) Does any other vendor have kits with organic malts?

Seven Bridges Cooperative is a homebrew retailer that only sells organic malts and hops. They are in California but ship everywhere. You can find them at www.breworganic.com and they have a good assortment of kits.

I buy hops from them and sometimes specialty malts.

Edit: Best wishes to you and your wife, I'm glad to hear that she is doing well.

Back