Vissani Keggerator not staying cold enough

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddstewart1

Reaction score
I am seeing that this is a problem that most have with this unit. I picked one up really cheap at a scratch and dent store. Its a MCKC490S unit. I already modified it so I have 2 CO2 lines coming in the back of the unit. I just don't know how to "trick the thermostat to keep running and keep it cool enough. If anyone know how to fix this problem please help.

Thanks!

Kegorators are rarely automatic defrost, so you need to unplug them and let them defrost about every 2-3 months. Even if you don't see it, if the internal parts of the compressor lines get gunked up with frost, the kegorator won't get very cold.

Take everything out, unplug the kegorator, and leave it overnight to defrost (maybe put a towel or pan in it, there will be about a gallon of water that drips out). Plug it back in once it's all defrosted, and it'll get back down to the lower temps, and remember that you need to do this about every 2-3 months or so.

That's usually the problem when kegorators aren't getting super cold. Most kegorator thermostats are set from about 40F-60F.

If you actually need to adjust the thermostat, find where the thermostat is located (usually on the back in one of the upper corners behind a panel) and it'll have a screw on the actual mechanical thermostat. Turn that screw counterclockwise, and it changes the range of the mechanical thermostat. Just be careful, you don't want frozen beer!

Back