Bottling cold crashed Saison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MISTERMAN

Reaction score
We cold crashed our IPA for about 3 days; we're going to boil corn sugar into water and throw it into the carboy once it cools, then bottle with that. I'm worried about shocking the yeast but i think i may just be being to too concerned. Since the 5 gallon batch is cold, should the temperature of the corn sugar water exactly match the beer in the carboy? or does the carboy have to come down to room temp? Can we throw the Corn sugar water in at room temp?

Do you have a bottling bucket? Why not rack your beer on to this solution then bottle? As apposed to dumping sugar solution into a carboy then bottling? Doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. Also you may end up losing some of your solution in the yeast cake.

The temps don't have to match up. The beer can be cold and the priming solution warm.

I'd add the priming solution in the bottling bucket as well since you don't want to disturb the yeast trub in the bottom of the carboy.

Back