Am i dreaming too big?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creekwaterbrew

Reaction score
I dream of a keg with little yeast in it. One that won't leave me gassy for days. I dream of bottles that you can drink out of instead of pour 90% into a glass. Am I dreaming too big?

Any pro tips?

Cold crash, then keg, then fill bottles with a beer gun. It's just that easy.

DanH said:
Cold crash, then keg, then fill bottles with a beer gun. It's just that easy.

Forgive me, but I require more explanation on why this works. Fairly new to home brewing. Lol

Cold crash for a few days till everything looks clean. I say screw the beer gun. Sanitize and freeze the bottles prior to bottling. Then take a party tap and some tubing, forget the size because it has been a while and I have mine precut but it fits right into the cobra head and tight. Then pull the frozen bottle and fill. Gonna lose some in overflow but cap on the foam and you are good. The freeze will keep the head down and they will say carbed indefinitely. There were several articles and a youtube video or two on this method. Save you some cash or you can drop the 50-60 on a gun and deal with all that mess. Good luck.

Forgive me, but I require more explanation on why this works. Fairly new to home brewing. Lol

Yeast drops out of suspension at cold temps near freezing resulting in clarification of beer. Could probably get more scientific for you but I am pretty deep in my Big Lebowski night of white Russians

RoughandReadyRanch said:
Cold crash for a few days till everything looks clean. I say screw the beer gun. Sanitize and freeze the bottles prior to bottling. Then take a party tap and some tubing, forget the size because it has been a while and I have mine precut but it fits right into the cobra head and tight. Then pull the frozen bottle and fill. Gonna lose some in overflow but cap on the foam and you are good. The freeze will keep the head down and they will say carbed indefinitely. There were several articles and a youtube video or two on this method. Save you some cash or you can drop the 50-60 on a gun and deal with all that mess. Good luck.

Hmmm interesting. Definitely looking into this. Thanks!

RoughandReadyRanch said:
Yeast drops out of suspension at cold temps near freezing resulting in clarification of beer. Could probably get more scientific for you but I am pretty deep in my Big Lebowski night of white Russians

Haha yes!

Hmmm interesting. Definitely looking into this. Thanks!

What ever the tubing is that fits your standard spring loaded bottle filler will do the trick. I wanted to get some beers looked over by the brewing department while I was attending UC Davis and didn't want to go buy a beer gun so I found this option and I must say it worked like a champ.

RoughandReadyRanch said:
What ever the tubing is that fits your standard spring loaded bottle filler will do the trick. I wanted to get some beers looked over by the brewing department while I was attending UC Davis and didn't want to go buy a beer gun so I found this option and I must say it worked like a champ.

Sounds solid.

Back