Sink attachment for wort chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NativeSun

Reaction score
Hey does anyone have this problem like me? The sink in my apartment does not have a threaded inside where I can screw on an attachment..is there anything ideas on how I can find/make/buy something so I can cool my wort like a person in the 21st century??

image-137172858.jpg

Does your apt. have a laundry room with a wash basin? There might be water taps with the regular threaded connectors that would work. Maybe you could chill the wort there if it isn't too far to carry your kettle.

Another thought: Attach a small submersible pump to draw cold water from your sink or a bucket, etc., through your chiller.

Is that your faucet?

If it is, that metal ringed section that holds the aerator is threaded into the spout. That's how you can clean out the aerator or replace it if it is damaged/wears out (they often have screens inside).

Spin it off and you can take it down to the hardware store and buy a fitting that will go from the female spout threads to a standard male hose thread...

Cheers!

^agreed. it might be stuck on there good, I had the same issue, used a pipe wrench and it came right off...I also had the issue where my faucet thread wasn't standard so I had to buy an adapter, but it was just a few bucks at the local hardware store.

Back