Can I add gelatin to a already carbonated keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BansheeRider

Reaction score
I used whirlfloc in my boil but my beer has chill haze. My keg is already carbed and was wondering if its too late to add gelatin. Also where do you purchase your gelatin? I heard the local grocery store should carry it. I also have another keg with an Irish stout in it. Does anybody bother to clear dark beers?

BansheeRider said:
I used whirlfloc in my boil but my beer has chill haze. My keg is already carbed and was wondering if its too late to add gelatin. Also where do you purchase your gelatin? I heard the local grocery store should carry it. I also have another keg with an Irish stout in it. Does anybody bother to clear dark beers?

I know that the Knox gelatin at the grocery store works just fine. It should be in the baking/jello area of the store.

Can't help with your question about an already carbed keg. I would be interested in the answer...

I've used gelatin in an already carbed keg with no issues. Worked great. Any chance you just have chill haze because the beer has only been in the keg for a week or so though? Maybe give it more time before you put cow foot in your beer. Just sayin.....

I know that the Knox gelatin at the grocery store works just fine. It should be in the baking/jello area of the store.

Can't help with your question about an already carved keg. I would be interested in the answer...

Thanks I'll check it out!

I've used gelatin in an already carbed keg with no issues. Worked great. Any chance you just have chill haze because the beer has only been in the keg for a week or so though? Maybe give it more time before you put cow foot in your beer. Just sayin.....

It's been in the keg for 3 days and it's perfectly carbed lol! I thought whirlfloc would help with chill haze but I was wrong. I have a pale ale in the keg, it would be nice if it was crystal clear. I am not too worried about my irish stout that I have on the other tap.

Back