Hey! Its a keg fridge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebas83

Reaction score
It's another keg fridge!! Built for my small NYC apartment that fit in with of my (wife's) decor ;)

It's a brown mini-fridge with the top, sides, and door ripped off (with a dremel!) and a new chamber built in and a top-loading door built on.

Wood is "aged" using a steel wool and vinegar stain and a LOT of coarse sand paper and block-planing. Gonna finish it with another layer of an "aging" stain and I am going to white-wash the front panels. Then polyurethane.

All is reclaimed, including the tiles (ignore my terrible job, please).

The tap handles are African mahogany I got from a luthier buddy I know.

image-983214102.jpg

image-2653309223.jpg

those tap handles are probably worth more than the entire setup...haha. nice work

Thats really awesome. I love the wooden approach. Any chance you could post pictures of the interior?

I can but it is embarrassingly rough.

It is 2x3 framing with rigid foam insulation for sides with spray foam to seal it all. I initially lined the interior with reclaimed vinyl flooring. However, I had a spill and beer seeped into the seams. So, I then simplified by taking a roll of 2mil poly and made a bag of sorts. Took that and used spray adhesive to attach it to the interior walls. Seems to work :)

Latest posts

Back