Things a Homebrewer Thinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is good to know, waiting on payday to buy some caps from them.

$0.12 per cap plus $5 or $6 shipping. They're behind - orders are taking 2+ weeks, but if you write them and tell them you need them by a certain date, they will try to accommodate.

Thank you, and I wonder how that habanero IIPA is going to taste. Mind giving me the recipie?

This last minute week long trip is going to cause a week long shortage in the pipeline, gonna have to supplement with bombers when I get back...

Thank you, and I wonder how that habanero IIPA is going to taste. Mind giving me the recipie?

Shred's 75 Minute Habanero Imperial IPA (5 gal)

1 lbs Cara-Pils/Dextrine - 10L (steep)
1 lbs Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (steep)

3 lbs Light Dry Extract [Boil for 75 min]
1.00 oz Magnum [14.00 %] - Boil 75.0 min

0.50 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 45.0 min
0.50 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 30.0 min

3 lbs 4.8 oz Rye LME (Briess) [Boil for 20 min]

3 lbs Light Dry Extract [Boil for 15 min]
8.0 oz Extra Light Dry Extract [Boil for 15 min]

1.00 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] - Boil 10.0 min
1.00 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] - Boil 10.0 min

1.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] - Boil 0.0 min

2.0 pkg American Ale II (Wyeast Labs #1272)

2.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] - Dry Hop 10.0 Days
1.00 oz Ahtanum [6.00 %] - Dry Hop 10.0 Days

0.25 oz Habanero Peppers (Secondary 5.0 days)

Shred's 75 Minute Habanero Imperial IPA (5 gal)

1 lbs Cara-Pils/Dextrine - 10L (steep)
1 lbs Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (steep)

3 lbs Light Dry Extract [Boil for 75 min]
1.00 oz Magnum [14.00 %] - Boil 75.0 min

0.50 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 45.0 min
0.50 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 30.0 min

3 lbs 4.8 oz Rye LME (Briess) [Boil for 20 min]

3 lbs Light Dry Extract [Boil for 15 min]
8.0 oz Extra Light Dry Extract [Boil for 15 min]

1.00 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] - Boil 10.0 min
1.00 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] - Boil 10.0 min

1.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] - Boil 0.0 min

2.0 pkg American Ale II (Wyeast Labs #1272)

2.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] - Dry Hop 10.0 Days
1.00 oz Ahtanum [6.00 %] - Dry Hop 10.0 Days

0.25 oz Habanero Peppers (Secondary 5.0 days)

Damn thats hoppy.

I'm looking around the living room and think out loud, " Man I could store alot of my home brew stuff in here."

Then She shoots me with the, fish eye laser beam from hell!!!

pb --- I backed off real quick

My wife was really happy when I cleaned out a corner of the comp room. I re-purposed an old large printer stand for a fermenter stand/storage unit. Now my brewing stuff is all in one place instead of all over the first floor. She's def happier.

bobmcstuff said:
... and by the time I'm done it turns out more expensive than just buying the damn thing in the first place!

And the wife is like "all you do it mess with that beer stuff". But then when you drink it I don't hear her complaining.

I see some slick new product and think, "I could build that, let's hit plumbing store!"

Almost finished building my gas fired RIMS system, modeled after the Blichmann Tower of Power stand. Took more than just a trip to the hardware store, but it's all mine. And I saved about 50%.... :)

Middle of the night, can't sleep, got the munchies, go to the kitchen, grab a couple handfuls of food, squat down by the fermenters with a flashlight to watch them bubble and churn, and think: "Man I hope swmbo doesn't wake up and see me here." Then think: "I wonder if I should have a brew; it might help me sleep. Nah, swmbo would surely catch me and raise hell; besides I have to get up for work in a few hours."

Middle of the night, can't sleep, got the munchies, go to the kitchen, grab a couple handfuls of food, squat down by the fermenters with a flashlight to watch them bubble and churn, and think: "Man I hope swmbo doesn't wake up and see me here." Then think: "I wonder if I should have a brew; it might help me sleep. Nah, swmbo would surely catch me and raise hell; besides I have to get up for work in a few hours."

Dido!!!
BTDT

pb

Keith66 said:

This is me to a tee. Just last night I went to the restroom and used the down stirs bathroom when there is one in our room just so I could take a peak. It's such a joy to watch this thing.

Keith66 said:
Whew! I thought I was the only one! Figured it was a noob thing. (might be)

Might be a noob thing. It's just cool how man can turn water to beer. I think of my self a lot like God. I'm also a carpenter.

bwarbiany said:
Dude, you're taking credit away from all those amazing, amazing yeasties. They do all the hard work. I just feed them :)

I understand that. They work pretty hard.

What?...this isn't normal?

Things a Homebrewer Thinks while on HomeBrewTalk:

"I can't believe I started a thread that has gone 32 pages. Seems like an achievement except the guy who started "I am an idiot" is up to 178."

Buying the grain mill did not cut into car repair money...Buying the grain mill did not cut into car repair money...:drunk:

unionrdr said:
Buying the grain mill did not cut into car repair money...Buying the grain mill did not cut into car repair miney...:drunk:

Buying the grain mill is one step closer to buying bulk which will save money which will add money to the car repair budget. Pretzel logic I know but it works.

Undergoing a home remodel project and needed to cut a section of the subfloor when I realized my 11 gal cream ale batch was fermenting directly below so I did the cautious thing and moved all my brew stuff away and nicely covered everything with a tarp for added protection. Finished the demolition, beer was saved, turned around and realized that my kids toys were right there just a couple of feet away from where I was working and were covered in saw dust. Spent the next several hours cleaning up each toy.

Undergoing a home remodel project and needed to cut a section of the subfloor when I realized my 11 gal cream ale batch was fermenting directly below so I did the cautious thing and moved all my brew stuff away and nicely covered everything with a tarp for added protection. Finished the demolition, beer was saved, turned around and realized that my kids toys were right there just a couple of feet away from where I was working and were covered in saw dust. Spent the next several hours cleaning up each toy.

You are not alone. :mug:

Yeah hey,at least I got the grain mill I needed. Just got a call a lil bit ago that my cars done. Darn TPS was $$$! Already had the VSS,so in it went. And still have money left for mommas kitchen! Good save their...She was ready to scalp my a$$.

Back